D&D General why do we lack a canine race?

A dog is a wolf after a successful social reintegration program.

The weak point of the ardlings is if only a specie is enough for all types of "furrys" then to sell other antropomorphic animals as PC species after tabaxi, tortles, grungs, aarakocras, kenkus, lizardfolk, giffs, owlin, leonin, loxodons, minotaurs and harengons will be harder. They haven't rejected the idea, only they are searching better racial traits. That option will be not rejected for always.

Hasbro has got interest into some franchise of furry characters, and "Bloomburrow" may have been created with that intention, to be the D&D option to Pugmure and Humblewood. (Hasbro should worry if some Hollywood producer buys one of those IPs).

the_biskitts_by_tatsunokoisthebest_deql708-pre.jpg

Shifters are folk with theriantrope ancestors, but we are talking about dangerous predators, not friendly pets.

I'm sure, as there are no wolves in the UK and wolves don't usually kill people anyway. Not sure what that has to do with this though.
The difference between "vicious monster" and "cute pet" is in the eye of the beholder.

You know who most deadly wild predator in the UK is? Cute Mister Badger (although they don't come close to domestic cats in terms of number of kills).

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
I am not sure how useful that trait is going to be given that the Level Up's Garoul has this feature:

HUFF AND PUFF​

Choose one of the following: cone of cold , conjure elemental (air only), or wind wall . Once between long rests , you can use this trait to cast the chosen spell as a 6th level spell with no material components. Your spellcasting ability for this spell is Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma (whichever is higher).

Imagine a Garoul character breathing out a cone of cold, an air elemental or a wind wall. ;) This is a 10th level Paragon gift.
That feels too spelly.

I was thinking something like a canine race linked to the Feywild, Shadowfell, or Inner Planes that has a has a standard breath attack.

Because it is thematically confused and destroys the horror aspect of the werecreature. If you don't see it that way, then you don't and I doubt we can come to an understanding.

That's why I suggested shifting it from teeth and claws to a system of magical howls. Like tapping into the magic of Bards, the charm of the Fey, or the power of Winter.

Werewolves stay horror.
Dogmen become Heralds of the Winter Wild.

Remove ads