D&D General why do we lack a canine race?

D&D had got the lupins.

LUPIN.JPG

Savage Species had got in the appendix a list of antropomorphic animals.

In the previous decades the players weren't too interested into furry PCs.

The hutaakans are jackal-like heads.

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
The Lupin are the go-to for canine-ish race, though frankly they're generally wolf-ish in their latest version

As for why not, probably because they're tied to Mystara. Bear folks are at least a thing that can be dragged from Dragonlance if I recall correctly

As for why not, probably because they're tied to Mystara. Bear folks are at least a thing that can be dragged from Dragonlance if I recall correctly
Bearfolk as a PC species appeared in the Midgard Heroes Handbook by Kobold Press not too long ago. ;)

Back in 3e, Bastion Press did create a canine race called the Dover. They resembled anthropomorphic German Shepherd Dogs. What made them interesting to me back then was that all of them had the Two-Weapon Fighting feat as a bonus feat.

M_Natas

Hero
we have both of the two greater categories of feiliforms, true cats and hyenas there are a few more options in that category of carnivores but we have none of the caniforms or dog like animals why do we not have dog and bear people?
Because Furries.
the dog I know would sell and we even have a historical real world term for dog-headed men so naming would be easy?
KYNOKEPHALOI is a handful to say and write ...
Anyone else tired enough to misread that as Cocaine race?
I would play that, but maybe that would be a better background?

Remove ads