• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why do you choose D&D?

Jhaelen

First Post
I am typically playing several different systems in parallel with different groups. It IS easier to find players who are willing/interested in playing D&D, though. When I moved to another city I wasn't able to find players for any other system, initially.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
My wife and several of my friends play D&D. They aren't interested in learning other systems to play since they have fun playing D&D.

I love learning all kinds of systems, but I don't have the time I used to, and without people I can encourage to learn with me, there isn't much point. Even changing editions can be too much. When 3e came out, I wrote a series of "lessons" for my group, extracting the significant differences and clearly explaining how the new rules worked compared with the old ones in order to convince people that changing to 3e would be a good thing.

Li Shenron said:
...I am impressed by the attitude, the balance and the wisdom of your website.

You, sir, are someone who looks at the rules of the game and sees, rather than the problems, the opportunities within :cool:
Wow, that is high praise, indeed. Thank you.

Plus, Diaglo must be in love with you :D
Hah! I'll leave that one for diaglo to comment on.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads