Why Do You Hate An RPG System?

Thomas Shey

Legend
So far, Giantlands seems like another thing I'd don't like. despite the fact TSR sucks to begin with.

I never realized how much I'd dislike a system that is D100 until I started reading this poor guy's experience with it. That or they just simply suck at making a system like that.

While there are things that can be disliked about percentile systems (though most of them are things to dislike about D20 based ones, too), the advanced reviews I've been seeing about Giantlands says in this case its just that the game at hand is a dog's breakfast.

Reynard

Legend
While there are things that can be disliked about percentile systems (though most of them are things to dislike about D20 based ones, too), the advanced reviews I've been seeing about Giantlands says in this case its just that the game at hand is a dog's breakfast.
Wait, is that good or bad?

Drake2000

Explorer
Fate is another one that I don't dislike but I want to try to play/like and so far, no luck. I got the Atomic Robo: The Roleplaying Game version because from a number of sources I've read online, Atomic Robo's take on the Fate engine is the most/a pretty good, streamlined take on the Fate/ the mechanics themselves. So, I figured that by using that as the base/guide to learning Fate, it should be cool, and I could do my prequel Hell Boy 5E campaign using Atomic Robo(Fate) to be used for the WW II section of the past.

I get some parts of it like the Bennies and taking a complication to gain a Benny. How to actually level up/play it/the Aspects/or how combat works in it......uh.
A lot of people really hype Atomic Robo as a great introduction to Fate. I am not one of those people.

AR is a great rendition of Fate, but it also introduces some ideas & complexities that I find distract from the core simplicity of the game itself. If you're still interested in Fate the newer Fate Condensed is pretty nifty, and presents the basics of the game without any excess detail.

Remove ads