D&D General Why do you play non-human races?

Anyoneone trying to bring elitism to something like D&D is pseudo-elitist. Being elistist at D&D is about as asinine as being elitist about blowing bubbles. It's not elitism, but effetism.

You've missed the point by a massive margin: We're not elitist about D&D, which we hadn't played in 16 of the 17 years we have been a group (I haven't used a d20 system since around 1982), but the people allowed at our table.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm not interested in various people.

Dude, you are talking with various people, right here, in this thread. If you want to have constructive conversations with them, you have to accept, and work with, how they and their games aren't necessarily like you and yours.

If you don't want to have constructive conversations with various people... what's the point of posting here?

Dude, you are talking with various people, right here, in this thread. If you want to have constructive conversations with them, you have to accept, and work with, how they and their games aren't necessarily like you and yours.

If you don't want to have constructive conversations with various people... what's the point of posting here?

ah, 'Dude', I've had numerous conversations here. Whether they were with people or just bots, well, that's iffy.

What I was questioned about, and am responding to, was people at my table. That is also a conversation.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
ah, 'Dude', I've had numerous conversations here. Whether they were with people or just bots, well, that's iffy.

What I was questioned about, and am responding to, was people at my table. That is also a conversation.
You’re kinda missing his point. If you have so little regard for the opinions of gamers not in your gaming group, why are you wasting time talking to us?

Others in the thread have covered what my answer would be.

But to quote one of my newbie players, "Why would I want to play a human in a fantasy game?" For some people at least, it simply adds to the fun and fantasy; envisioning their character as something other than themselves.
As I see it, I am already a human why play one as well? Lol, rather try something different.
I'm already human.
For me, it's more... "Why play human?" I can do that every day of my life. I do play humans here and there, but honestly it's usually because I've randomly selected the race and class than because I'm actively trying to play human.
Exactly This.

Why settle for mediocrity?

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
I don't know what the value of a bot account is, ever. I was just covering the bases.

Bots are usually made by spam companies meant to generate fake interest... or worse state actors, who are trying to generate fake interest in something to help their own countries interests.

I guess a spam company could make bots here.

Remove ads