D&D General Why do you play non-human races?

MGibster

Legend
Ladies and gentlemen, let is not forget that we are all connected by a deep and abiding love for the game which creates a bond between us that shall never be broken. At least not until another edition comes out. Everything isn't about this person or that person's experience. We all know everything is about me.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Well, your shortcoming is that you think everything is about you, when clearly the standard that the universe is measured against is obviously me.
Except you were addressing me and I pretty obviously wasn't addressing you. If you want to start bashing people's gaming skills and preferences you don't get to play the martyr afterward. I'm not sure what you thought was going to happen when you started throwing that much shade around.

You haven't even bothered to address some of the very cogent replies and viewpoints that appeared in response your rather extreme statements. Anyway, I'll just go back to roleplaying my Thrikreen Monk of the Infinite Paradox like he's a college bro on a light bender.

Except you were addressing me and I pretty obviously wasn't addressing you. If you want to start bashing people's gaming skills and preferences you don't get to play the martyr afterward. I'm not sure what you thought was going to happen when you started throwing that much shade around.

You haven't even bothered to address some of the very cogent replies and viewpoints that appeared in response your rather extreme statements. Anyway, I'll just go back to roleplaying my Thrikreen Monk of the Infinite Paradox like he's a college bro on a light bender.

Again, it's not all about you. I'll put you on Ignore to underscore that point.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I have exceptional players. If you don't set the bar high, you're enabling slackness.

You have exceptional players.. for your game style. Not setting a high bar might enable them to be slack.

But, not everyone has the same intrinsic motivators. To get good results out of various people, you need various techniques. Enabling people to be awesome is not one-size-fits-all.

You have exceptional players.. for your game style. Not setting a high bar might enable them to be slack.

But, not everyone has the same intrinsic motivators. To get good results out of various people, you need various techniques. Enabling people to be awesome is not one-size-fits-all.

I'm not interested in various people. You don't meet the standard, you're not welcome at my table. Life is too short to game with players who aren't good enough.

Remove ads