Why doesn't anyone recruit for 3.5 or pathfinder these days?

Trogdor1992

First Post
I very much want to get in on some 3.5 or pathfinder games on here, but it seems like everyone is playing 5e. Why isn't 3.5 getting the proper love it deserves?

Schmoe

Adventurer
I'm not sure what you mean. Recruitment threads don't appear every day, but there was just recently a new 3e game that started up here. In addition, Living Pathfinder (LPF) seems to be going strong, with several new adventures recently started. If I hadn't just joined two other games, I would have made a character for LPF. It seems to me that 3e and Pathfinder are both going strong.

Last edited:

I think there are more 5e games than there are 3.x ones, but that's a natural byproduct of 5e being newish and the most current incarnation of the rules. [MENTION=913]Schmoe[/MENTION] is correct in that Living Pathfinder is a good place to find Pathfinder games. Many of the same DMs that are starting games in Talking the Talk are also over on LPF, and LPF games run in Playing the Game just the same as any other PbP. Speaking only for myself, I'm no longer running 3.x or Pathfinder as a conscious decision because I like 5e's streamlined old-school feel. I'm gravitating toward moving all my gaming to 5e; I do a better job DMing when I don't have to switch between multiple rulesets.

I get wanting a 3.x or PF game, though. Hope you find one. They're here, if you keep your eyes peeled. And with some very good-quality DMs, too.

Shayuri

First Post
You don't have to have experience. I was in LPF for awhile, and they're very welcoming to newcomers. :)

Don't let the sheer size of the group deter you; they're good peeps.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Hey Shayuri, trogdor'92 is already in LPF. fyi, even though there use to be someoneelse in LPF that is not there any more. Someone who played a character named Maia perhaps.

Remove ads