• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why I submitted to the WOTC setting proposal...

Morgenstern

First Post
Kai Lord said:

Right on. I don't immediately recognize your handle. Would you mind telling what you've had published that I might be familiar with?

I'm the mechanics lead on the Spycraft and Shadowforce Archer lines. :D

I got the impression there were quite a few published folks sending in offerings. I was in the midst of annother book so mine was a little rushed. I probably got dropped on a technicality before my 1-pager even got read. But I've had fun scripting it up, and I'll enjoy posting it along side everyone else's!

...And believe me, being asked to sign a book is pretty big thrill too! :p

Kai Lord

Hero
Morgenstern said:

I'm the mechanics lead on the Spycraft and Shadowforce Archer lines. :D

I got the impression there were quite a few published folks sending in offerings. I was in the midst of annother book so mine was a little rushed. I probably got dropped on a technicality before my 1-pager even got read. But I've had fun scripting it up, and I'll enjoy posting it along side everyone else's!

Sweet. I've never played Spycraft but I've heard a lot of people rave about it and what I saw while browsing through the rulebook looked awesome. Congratulations.

It would be interesting to know who all in the published world submitted. Hopefully that alone will cause the reviewers to pay a little more attention to each entry, I'm sure they wouldn't want to run the risk of just skimming and discarding a proposal that unknowingly was submitted by Raymond E. Feist....

Heh heh, just a couple of days to go..... :cool:

Scribe Ineti

Explorer
Morgenstern said:

Well...yeah, it is. :) A couple friends and I pieced together a comic book company several years ago and managed to self-publish three issues of a book I wrote.

We did a couple little conventions and a couple signings at local comic book stores. While I felt a little silly sitting at the table acting pretentious, I have to admit I got a buzz from the (few) folks who came up and bought books. :)

Anyway. Just a couple days now, and we'll see what happens.

Tallow

First Post
kingpaul said:

I'd watch it if your settings makes the final round. If you used company time/resources to do your proposal, your company might very well own your work...or nail you for misuse of company time/resources.

How would they know?

Andy Christian

mmadsen

First Post
So, I got off my duff, wrote the proposals, and mailed them in. The sense of completion from that alone, whether I go on to the next round or not, is all good for me.

That's how I feel about the contest -- pardon, call for submissions -- and the Iron DM "home game". I don't expect any great accolades, but it was worth the effort to see something through. It's all so much easier to assume you could work it through if you wanted to; it's much more fulfilling to actually find all the troublesome bits and find solutions to them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads