Why Is Chris Perkins Tweeting Page Snippets Of Mongrelfolk?

the Jester

Legend
There's another possibility, it could be used in a MANUAL OF THE PLANES. The PHB and DMG have a lot of well fleshed-out teases on The Wheel but it doesn't feel like it's intended to stand alone for long. That seems like the kind of book that would be in development parallel to the other books but not depend on them.

Mongrelfolk have never been depicted as especially planar creatures. I think this is pretty unlikely. Then again, you never know!

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
See, what I think they're actually talking about is the setting components of the adventures and APs. Legacy of the Crystal Shard covered the Ten Towns, PotA focuses on the Sumber Hills, a future urban AP set in Waterdeep could thoroughly cover that city... two or three years from now they'd have enough material to compile everything and put out a complete Sword Coast sourcebook. That obviously doesn't track with the 2015 release date for Sword Coast Legends, though.
In SCL they explore Luskan at some point. Maybe that is a bigger clue than we might think.

It's possible that Sword Coast Legends is complementary to said AP, but we're all still just speculating - probably more reasonable for me to say "I don't know yet" rather than set my expectations for one or the other.
I think we are beyond the realm of possibility and are in the realm of plausibility, but we'll see.

Benji

First Post
Anybody else think that the 'Alice in wonderland' spark might be an underdark 'down the rabbithole' adventure? The Sword Coast Legend drow mage and mongrelfolk would both fit in that.

Anybody else think that the 'Alice in wonderland' spark might be an underdark 'down the rabbithole' adventure? The Sword Coast Legend drow mage and mongrelfolk would both fit in that.

I've thought it could be either Underdark or the Feywild. You could make a case for the mongrelfolk being in either. However, there's a lot of flavour text in those entries, more than most monsters receive in the adventures to date.

Jacqual

Explorer
Thank goodness, Half-orcs, Gensai, Mini-taurs, Dragonborn and Tieflings are enough of a freakshow already.

That is almost a word for word copy from 2nd edition's Complete Book of Humanoids. So I can very well see it as a potential write up for a PC Race. Now I would prefer it as part of MM 2 thugh, as WotC has stated they do not intend another rulebook along the lines of a PHB 2, or an Unearthed Arcana style book.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases