D&D 5E Why isn't the Scourge of the Sword Coast module available in print?

mhensley

First Post
The first two sundering modules were. Does this mean that they weren't selling enough for this one to be worth actually printing?

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
The first two sundering modules were. Does this mean that they weren't selling enough for this one to be worth actually printing?

Perhaps, but the reality is that we will never know. Maybe, as others have suggested, it's WotC's way of experimenting at measuring demand for a PDF-only product?

Larrin

Entropic Good
I felt strongly that the price I paid for the printed "Murder in Baldur's gate" was too high for what I got. The price for this 'pdf only' offering is much more palatable, as long as the content is equal to or greater than "Murder". Hopefully that is why they did it.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I felt strongly that the price I paid for the printed "Murder in Baldur's gate" was too high for what I got. The price for this 'pdf only' offering is much more palatable, as long as the content is equal to or greater than "Murder". Hopefully that is why they did it.

I'm pretty sure the DM Screen of the first two Sundering modules contributed heavily to the cost. :(

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
  1. The time-sensitive nature of the playtest rules
  2. Because it's an Encounters season, and they're experimenting with making Encounters digital-only (instead of shipping little booklets to every game store across the country... seems like a good idea)
  3. Just to see if people will buy a digital-only adventure with X pages at Y price point

Remove ads