• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spelljammer Why Spelljammer?

Zardnaar

Legend
One thing I have noticed with new players in 5E.

For whatever reason they know about Spelljammer.

In 3 new groups I have played with they are aware of it with players not born when Spelljammer went out of print.

Greyhawk is another one usually along the line if "it's the 1st one right".

Planescape might be another.

Any other setting might require explaination.

Anyway one of my new players mentioned it last night wants to play it but doesn't know how to convert it.

I do but it's to much work it's easier to use 2E rules or hack in 5E parts to 2E than update the setting.

May have mentioned I have a near mint version of Spelljammer the plastic sprue ship based are still mint. Wife said you have everything which isn't that true as I'm missing a lot if setting it only have the main set.

Does Spelljammer have a Reddit ot Twitter reputation I'm not aware of?

Last edited:

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Don't know why new players know about Spelljammer. Maybe because the Giff was in Mordenkainen's?

Maybe because Tito keeps mentioning it and teasing it on the Social Media stuff.

Either way I'm in, I loved Spelljammer :)

Parmandur

Book-Friend

In 3 new groups I have played with they are aware of it with players not birn when Spelljammer went out of print.

Greyhawk is another one usually along the line if "it's the 1st one right".

Planescape might be another.

Any other setting might require explaination.

Anyway one of my new players mentioned it last night wants to pkay it but doesn't know how to convert it.

I do but it's to much work it's easier to use 2E rules or hack in 5E parts to 2E than update the setting.

May have mentioned I have a near mint version of Spelljammer the plastic sprue ship based are still mint. Wife sad u have everything which isn't that true as I'm missing a lot if setting it only have the main set.

Dies Spelljammer have a Reddit ot Twitter reputation I'm not aware of?

I was 4 when Spelljammer wasreleased, and I love it.

It does have a Reddit/Twitter/Twitch fan following. "Spelljammer Confirmed" is the line whenever WotC does anything in social media.

Jmejia

Villager

In 3 new groups I have played with they are aware of it with players not birn when Spelljammer went out of print.
Because of all the older worlds Spelljammer is the one most people whine about. They complain about Spelljammer but they're still talking about Spelljammer. "Methinks the Grognards doth complain too much."

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Because of all the older worlds Spelljammer is the one most people whine about. They complain about Spelljammer but they're still talking about Spelljammer. "Methinks the Grognards doth complain too much."
What? Who's whining about Spelljammer?

Why... I'll just jam through the phlogiston to their crystal sphere and... and give them a piece of my mind...

If I can find it. Rotten Illithid's tried to eat it one time so I had to hide it. What? It was before they developed the oortlings alright?

Remove ads