Wicht-Bribe Judges vs Chi Strike?

Wicht

Hero
I am not sure what you mean by precedence. If the question is whether bribe judges will work in a round where a chi strike was used, the answer is yes. The bribe judges is used after the moves and after the judgment is rendered and therefore is not subject to any power that affects the moves themselves.

Wicht

Hero
Skarnkai said:
More Importantly... can Chi Strike be combined with Holy Day/Sneaky trick and Mastery...

Chi strike can be combined with mastery. I believe it says so in the rules. I hadn't considered the other two yet but I would think that it probably could be combined with them. On the other hand it cannot be combined with fist of fury.... hmm, I could actually go either way once I think about it...

Skarnkai

First Post
That would be quite sick... assuming any decent verb/loc 3 flags first round with no stopping it unless a Sash? (and even then at the cost of 2 Yen...)

Wicht

Hero
i gotta go for a while, but I will solicit opinions as to whether holy day should be useable with a chi strike?

The salient facts are.

1. Chi strike is basically to prevent the opponent from using a dirty trick, sneaky trick or holy day themselves.

2. The one using chi strike can still use mastery

3. The one using chi strike cannot use fist of fury.

Skarnkai

First Post
My major reason for asking is... if I fight Kalanyr (same belt) he can instantly get 3 flags first round or close...

Perhaps opponent could use a Chi Strike in Reply?

Kalanyr

Explorer
I'd say Holy Day should be allowed its far worse than fist of fury Holy Day can add 1 point FoF can add as many as 3 (1 extra attack,1 Sig Style, 1 Modifier)

MidKnight

First Post
It does actually state in the rules that Holy Day cannot be used with a Chi Strike. But I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be allowed.

If you're worried about a fighter being able to win a match too quickly this way just make sure you ask for a larger number of flags.

It also states that in order to use Chi Strike you must post first in a round - which would then rule out using a Chi Strike to cancel out another Chi Strike. I think we need to keep this one in place or else we're going to see Chi Strike used more like Dirty Trick (albiet in a more limiting fashion.)

Kalanyr

Explorer
The rules say an opponent can't use Holy Day if you Chi Strike not that you can't use Holy Day with Chi Strike.

Wicht another question- Do the points stack from Holy Day(move & sig style) and Master move (Sig style)?

The Dark Equivalent- Sneaky Trick (location)+ Poison Blade stacks.

But the rules say nothing about Holy Warrior + Mastery.

Remove ads