• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wife + I LFG in NoVa/DC

rgard

Adventurer
I know that closed their old location and moved a few stores down in the same shopping center in Woodbridge sometime last year, so they actually closed that location totally? Bummer. All the nice people who used to staff the Chantilly store transferred there when it opened.

There's a little place up here in Ashburn called Huzzah. Sort of a little cozy, hole in the wall kind of place, but the people there are great and very casual and friendly folks. haven't actually gamed there myself, just walked through with a friend of mine.

I work in Woodbridge. I'll drive by the plaza one lunchtime this week and see if they are still there.

Cyronax

Explorer
My wife and I just moved to Alexandria. We'd love to find a weekly game, preferably on a weeknight. We play a lot of 4e but would be happy to try most other stuff. The group is more important than the game.

We've also tried and liked: Cortex (the BSG and Serenity system), Mutants and Masterminds (2nd or 3rd), Dread, Cthulhu, retro D&D, Secret Fire, and others. The wife would love to try Mouseguard.

We'd also be up for board games.

Only things we would be less interested in would be 3e (still burned out), WoD, Shadowrun, or Rifts. But maybe worth it depending on the particulars (i.e., maybe a low magic or Arcana Unearthed game, etc.)

Hi. I'm a long-time DM who is starting a 1st level 4e game next Thursday, Sept 29th in Clarendon, Arlington. I'm probably hosting the event and it will tentatively run from 6-10pm.

I have three committed players so far -- my an old gaming friend of seven years + a nice married couple I met through Lair Assault at the Victory Comics (which is on par with Game Parlor; and yes the one in Woodbridge is closed :hmm:). We're all in our mid-20's to very early 30's.

My game is set in a Points of Light-style setting that is a lot of homebrew stuff with some elements of the Nerath articles from Dragon and a few bits of Classic D&D/Mystara. I encourage character development, and my style of DMing is a mix of sandbox and questline -- hard to describe -- its essentially a good mix of roleplay, combat, and immersion.

Anyway, [MENTION=2446]DonAdam[/MENTION] or [MENTION=6682403]Gralphidb[/MENTION] -- let me know if you or anyone else have any interest.

I attached my Campaign Guidelines and Setting Overview to this post to show you the specifics.

C.I.D.

Attachments

• Mark's Test of the Young Blood Campaign.pdf
    291.6 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

spiralz

First Post
Hi, I just saw this thread. My wife and I also just moved to Alexandria and are also looking for a game. If you do end up starting one, we'd love to join.
I've just moved to Alexandria for a new position too. I don't know anyone in the D.C area. Any groups looking to meet on Monday or Wednesday evenings?

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Welcome to the Greater DC Area, Spiralz!

Some of you guys seriously need to come West of the Beltway. :p I feel like an island out here in Leesburg. :)

Anyway, best of luck on your campaign search. I'm sure you'll find one soon enough. Also, feel free to poke around the games online here, see if there is something of interest to you. It is how I'm fiddling around with Pathfinder.

Remove ads