Wiki Threads

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
For the "Enhancing" threads, I think the easiest thing would be to make a new wiki page for each and then just add a link to it in the opening post for each thread. I created most of them, so I can edit those in pretty easily in most cases.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think there may be a manual workaround by merging threads. The original post would need to be copied to a wiki page, and a fresh discussion thread started. Then I would have to merge that with the original thread.

I haven’t tried this. Might be worth an experiment to see if it works.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
So, uh.... anybody actually gonna use this after all that hullabaloo?
I fully intend to, but it happened just as I'm going into crazy season at work. When I claw my way out of the pile, I'll figure out how to convert the old "enhancing" threads back to wikis. Would you recommend I make a new wiki thread and have it merged?

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
I think there may be a manual workaround by merging threads. The original post would need to be copied to a wiki page, and a fresh discussion thread started. Then I would have to merge that with the original thread.
Morrus, I made a boo-boo in the wiki while trying to make a wiki thread. This wiki page: Enhancing Dragon of Icespire Peak should be deleted (if it can). I didn’t immediately grok the process. I have since created the wiki thread post I wanted.
It's taken this long, but I have a little bit of room to breathe and think about remaking old theads again. I feel like taking on the project of restoring wikis for the previous "enhancing" adventure threads. Would one of you be willing to post a step-by-step list of instructions so that I don't make whatever mistake Robus just made? :)

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
It's taken this long, but I have a little bit of room to breathe and think about remaking old theads again. I feel like taking on the project of restoring wikis for the previous "enhancing" adventure threads. Would one of you be willing to post a step-by-step list of instructions so that I don't make whatever mistake Robus just made? :)
I'm trying to remember what I did, but you definitely don't start with a thread post! Create a wiki page and the page + any "discussion" becomes the thread. What I'm forgetting is how the page gets connected to the right forum.... Once the thread shows up you can tag it with the wiki moniker (but that's purely for forum readers - it has no magic "wiki" effect.)

Remove ads