• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wild Stewardess Action! - And Madness Followed COMPLETE!

tetsujin28

First Post
barsoomcore said:
The rules for the sorcery system are on the main Barsoom website, but you can grab them here.

They're notably unusable and tend to make sorcerers anti-social, psychotic freakazoids that everybody hates.

Fa is an exception, but give her time.

Psionics were taken straight from the book.

Next game I MAY change the rules -- I picked up Mutants and Masterminds and am considering morphing it into a wuxia-style game and kicking up the action level a notch next episode.

We'll see.
Ah, so you've kind of taken a Dark Sun approach to things.

More action? Geez, I thought you had enough ;-) M&M is a beauty of a game, and well-suited to this kind of thing. My own personal pref would be BESM.

Last edited:

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
tetsujin28 said:
Ah, so you've kind of taken a Dark Sun approach to things.
Yeah, only Dark Sun was too easy so I made things even nastier.

One of the nice side-effects turned out to be that undead make the best sorcerers of all -- so anyone serious about magic use tends to tranform themselves into some form of undead horror as soon as they figure out how.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
tetsujin28 said:
So where are you, anyway? (I know, I know...Barsoom)
Beautiful downtown Vancouver, British Columbia. Outside my office window right now I can watch low clouds scrape along the peaks of the Coast Mountains.

Barsoom, that magic page, which I hadn't looked at in a long time, seems to have a formatting error of some kind. I think you're missing a line break up at the beginning.

Remove ads