D&D General Win The Title of D&D's Best DM

WotC is running a competition called the Dungeon Master Challenge. Similar to Paizo's old RPG Superstar contest, it features various design rounds which whittle down the contenders until only one remains.

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 8.00.52 PM.png

The winner gets a trophy and some D&D products worth just over $2K.

Note: your entry becomes the property of WotC, which can use it in any way it wishes, even if you don't win. They don't even have to credit you for it. Be sure to consider this when deciding whether to enter.
  • The first design challenge for a 1,000-word entry is Thursday June 17th, and contestants have three days to submit their entries. This round is open to everybody who qualifies (18+, in one of a list of countries).
  • 10 contestants will then proceed to the next round in July, which is an elimination stage with various weekly 1,000-word design challenges.
  • Three of those will go on to the final challenge in September, which involved being a DM on a livestream, judged by a panel.

Last edited:

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Interesting. I wonder what the theme/topic will be, and why they're keeping it a secret. I think I might enter, depending on the theme. The "Open Submission" part of the guidelines for submissions gives some idea as to what the theme could be, as it says that submissions "must adhere to the methodology found in Xanathar's Guide to Everything's Chapter 2: Dungeon Master's Tools", and that it must include "design and narrative element" and that both current lore and how interesting/challenging for both players and dungeon masters will be parts of judging the quality of the content that is submitted.

Maybe they want an adventure/one-shot/dungeon with unique trap/monster ideas?

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases