D&D General Win The Title of D&D's Best DM

WotC is running a competition called the Dungeon Master Challenge. Similar to Paizo's old RPG Superstar contest, it features various design rounds which whittle down the contenders until only one remains. https://dndcelebration.com/welcome The winner gets a trophy and some D&D products worth just over $2K. Note: your entry becomes the property of WotC, which can use it in any way it...

WotC is running a competition called the Dungeon Master Challenge. Similar to Paizo's old RPG Superstar contest, it features various design rounds which whittle down the contenders until only one remains.

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 8.00.52 PM.png

The winner gets a trophy and some D&D products worth just over $2K.

Note: your entry becomes the property of WotC, which can use it in any way it wishes, even if you don't win. They don't even have to credit you for it. Be sure to consider this when deciding whether to enter.
  • The first design challenge for a 1,000-word entry is Thursday June 17th, and contestants have three days to submit their entries. This round is open to everybody who qualifies (18+, in one of a list of countries).
  • 10 contestants will then proceed to the next round in July, which is an elimination stage with various weekly 1,000-word design challenges.
  • Three of those will go on to the final challenge in September, which involved being a DM on a livestream, judged by a panel.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Not to be insincere to someone who may have suffered harassment, but why be vague? Say their name, post a screencap; don't create room for doubt and skepticism.

I mean, this is inherently insincere... there's no reason to lie about such a thing. There are plenty of reasons for not wanting to create a big online controversy by specifically calling someone out for harassment.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I mean, this is inherently insincere... there's no reason to lie about such a thing. There are plenty of reasons for not wanting to create a big online controversy by specifically calling someone out for harassment.
I think it is sincere to ask for more information. What is the goal of Christian Hoffer's tweet? Without context to evaluate the allegations, all it does is cast aspersions at Wizards' contest and all of the winners become suspect. If we truly want to stop harassment, it needs to be called out, but this "someone did something bad to me, and I won't tell you who it is, but you are associating with and/or rewarding them and you are naughty for doing so" does not help anyone (other than allowing someone to vent).

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
I think it is sincere to ask for more information. What is the goal of Christian Hoffer's tweet? Without context to evaluate the allegations, all it does is cast aspersions at Wizards' contest and all of the winners become suspect. If we truly want to stop harassment, it needs to be called out, but this "someone did something bad to me, and I won't tell you who it is, but you are associating with and/or rewarding them and you are naughty for doing so" does not help anyone (other than allowing someone to vent).

He probably wants sympathy, acknowledgement, and validation from his followers but doesn't actually want to out and confront the person right now and be in the position of building a case or having a case built against him.

This is kinda how Twitter is for the most part.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone

Calling out harassment should be the best option, but I don't blame folks who don't want to stick their neck out further and risk further harassment. I should probably drop the subject now, but there are reasons for why many survivors of sexual harassment only feel able to confront their abusers years after the fact.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads