• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wine (products and research request)

Sagan Darkside

First Post
Salutations,

My groups wants a break from Spycraft- so I am trying to pull together another d&d campeign.

The idea I have is for them to belong to and/or work for a wealthy family in the wine business- adventures would focus around the vineyard and branch into trade/travel scenarios.

One problem- I don't drink.

Could someone suggest some reading material on the making of wine (historical or modern) or some rpg resources (adventures or scenarios) that have touched on the subject.

I recall reading a synopsis of an adventure centering around wine, but I can't find mention of it now on the 'net.

Respectfully submitted
SD

Azure Trance

First Post
If you can still find it, a 2nd Edition Netbook called The Netbook of Alcohol by Desmond Reid. Goes into Liquors, Wine, Beer, different (fantastical types), alcohol related magic items, monster (Booze Worm, Pink Elephant, Clydsedale...), etc. And lots and lots of charts and tables to figure out what that type of wine/beer/liquor is.

Sagan Darkside

First Post
BiggusGeekus@Work said:
Sagan,

I found a winery in your area: http://www.roundthebend.com/hudson/hudswine.html

Maybe you could drop by there and look around?

Haha. Wow, that is embarrassing. I should have thought to look.

In Virginia we have lots of vinyards. I noticed they tended to attract bees and other such insects that like sugary grapes.

Hmm- that has opportunities. Giant bees.. or perhaps those bee-people from MM2. *ponder*

Thank you, everyone, for the links. Many had book suggestions for further research.

SD

Sagan Darkside

First Post
Re: Re: Wine (products and research request)

Olive said:

does your group? cos if they no the same as you, it's not goign to be a big deal.

While not in my house, they do drink.

It is not accuracy I am concerned about. After having a cop in my group for Spycraft, I made it clear that dead-on accuracy is not my interest.. stories are.

I am interested in generating ideas for adventures/scenarios/settings/npc's by learning more about wines and how they are produced.

Some rpg resources with already thought out ideas would be appreciated as well (any rpg, I can convert).

I apologize for not being clear.

SD

Oaken25

First Post
What about Aurora's Realms Catalog. Sure it's a Forgotten Realms book but it has a list of many different ales, wines, meads, and other liquor.

The ESD should be available by now, im guessing....

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads