Wing and Sword: Chat et Souris (Prologue)

The Shaman

First Post
After wriggling into a small gap in the stream bank, the gunner presents even less of a target, and Pyotr sees his shot kick up sand where the fellagha’s body should be. However, it becomes immediately apparent that while the gunner’s new position gives him additional cover, he can’t see the legionnaires very well either as his first short burst passes harmlessly overhead.

The insistent trill of the whistle cuts through the desert air, and with a roar some two dozen fellaghas charge the north end of the hill. Some race through the smoke toward Vidal and Duval – others break out of the gully in a mad dash for the rocks. The legionnaires can see the fellaghas’ faces now, a mixture of fury and fear on each countenance, their guns held at the ready as they advance.

Somewhere above the clattering of the machine gun, the crack of the rifles, and the yells of the charging fellaghas, the legionnaires hear the faint roar of jet engines over the desert.

End of round 32.

For the start of round 33, range from the legionnaires in G6/7 (Marcel, Normand, and Lavareaux) to the ALN section in E6 is 210’ (-4 to hit) and to the ALN section in E7 is 160’ (-2 to hit). Vidal can fire or toss his grenade at the fells in E7 at any range between 50’ and 30’, depending on how close he wants the fells to get.

Last edited:

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Pyotr watched as the loader-turned-gunner tried to fire another burst over their heads. Sighing his frustration, he spotted the score of fells headed up the other side of the hill coming for him. That whistle must have been the order to rush. Pyotr's previous orders were to take out any commanders. The one with the whistle would have to be him. Quickly deciding that the wounded gunner was temporarily just a nuisance, Pyotr adjusted his position so that he could get a good view of the fells coming through the purple smoke. A tiny glint of metal caught his eye. That would be the one with the whistle. Lining the man up in his rifle's sights, he took a deep breath.

Taking a move action to pick out the whistler and another to start Dead Aim...

Barak

First Post
Hearing the whistle, Normand figures that something very bad must be about to happen. Peering up, he sees the fells starting a mad rush.

Et Merde. I -knew- I should have kept more bullets!

Knowing he's too far for his grenades to be effective, and that he doesn't have enough bullets left for a burst, he does the only thing he can do, and try to shoot one of the closest fells.

OOC
Shoot at a fell in E7 at -2 to-hit: 12
darn, I'm using an action point! +2 which makes 14. That -better- hit!
Damage:You must be kidding me. 3 points of damage.

Bobitron

Explorer
Marcel hears the whistle and peeks above what little cover the brush and rocks of the desolate landscape can provide. Seeing the surge of troops moving towards the legionnares, he sighs and falls back to prone. Setting his rifle down at his side carefully, he digs into the pocket of his fatigues. I need to do something to boost the spirits of the men, he thinks.

"For France! Do not give up hope, mon amis, the anges de vengance are quickly approaching!"

He raises the penny whistle to his lips and takes a deep breath. As loudly as he can, he starts playing "La Marseillaise", the marching song that many would like to see made France's national anthem. The sweet trill of the whistle rises above even the crack of the rifles and the stuttering rattle of the automatics.

ooc: Use Marcel's Coordinate ability (Charismatic, add +1 to attack rolls and skill checks for 3 rounds if Marcel can make a Charisma check at DC10), rolling a freaking 3. Dude, this roller is awful.

знаток

First Post
After seeing the charge of the fells through the smoke, Vidal quickly lowers his head. Counting to himself based on their rate of advance, he gives them a few steps before releasing the grenade. Here goes. If this is my last fight, I'll make it a good one. Determined to do as much damage as possible to the persistent fellaghas, he waits to hear the detonation and readies his rifle.

Vidal will attempt to through the grenade to impact the mass of fells at approximately 40'. Please apply the appropriate range modifier to my roll.

Ranged Attack: 12

The Shaman

First Post
Eyes straining, Pyotr sees a fellagha in olive drab fatigues and a tan hat with a machine pistol clutched in his hands emerge from the cloud of purple smoke, a whistle glinting around his neck as he runs. The Russian draws a bead on the figure.

Marcel’s speech is lost in the sound of gunfire and explosions as Normand and Lavareaux cut loose and Vidal and Sgt. Duval each toss their grenades. Vidal watches helplessly as his grenade falls short, then marvels as it bounces off a rock and explodes amid the mass of charging men. Duval throws two grenades of his own into the fellaghas, and the three blasts are punctuated by screams of the wounded and dying. As the dust clears Pyotr realizes that his target is down as well as the survivors of the charging fells dive for cover among the rocks.

Normand squeezes the trigger and feels the kick of his rifle. He sees his target stumble as the bullet hits, but the fellagha keeps coming, dropping to the ground with the others that made it past the barrage of grenades. The section racing across the desert to the northwest comes through the legionnaires’ fire as well, seeking cover in the gully to the north of the hill.

The roar of the jets is louder now, and to the north two gray shapes can be seen racing low across the desert. End of round 33.

For the start of round 34, range from the legionnaires in G6/7 (Marcel, Normand, and Lavareaux) to the fellaghas in E6/7 is 140’ (-2 to hit) - the range from the paras in F7 (Vidal and Duval) is 30’ (no penalty to hit).

Last edited:

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
"Chyort! Stole my kill!" Silently keeping the rest of his Russian litany of swear words to himself, Pyotr decided his next step would be to see if any of them survived. He could see that they were way too close for his comrades to engage with rifles, so he was determined to help them as best he could from here. He still hoped that the gunner was reluctant to fire his machine gun into his own men.

Pyotr will spend his move action looking for a target of opportunity (i.e. still moving) in the fells that hit the deck, and trying to draw a bead on one(Dead Aim) if he does.

Spot Check: 8

Last edited:

знаток

First Post
Vidal leans around the rocks to take a shot at the fells. "Are we holding here, Sergeant?!?" he yells above the gunfire. "The aircraft might provide us with a good opportunity to move when they start laying down the lead."

Attack: 16
Damage: 10

Last edited:

Barak

First Post
Normand sighs in a resigned fashion when he sees the man he finally managed to hit continue moving.

Then again, if everybody died in one shot, I wouldn't even have -fired at the poor bastard.

Knowing that they'll be harder to hit now that they are laying down, seeking cover, Normand decides to spend one of his precious few remaining bullets on a shot anyway, since he can also clearly see that they are darn close to his comrades now.

OOC
Shoot at one of the fells in G6/7, at -2 to hit.:12
Well, that -might- hit, so damage =14

Bobitron

Explorer
Marcel keeps at it, switching his tune to "Le Boudin" (ooc: ;) ). He interjects word of encouragement when ever somone looks his way.

ooc: You were right about the choice of song, Shaman. Rolled a 21. That should give +1 to attack rolls and skill checks for 3 rounds for all my buddies.

Remove ads