Wings of Darkness: Wizards, Demons, and Skyships!

Bruce "Voyage of the Prince Ark" Heard's latest Kickstarter is a gazetteer about a "realm of wizards and demons". Set in his world of Calidar, its a system-neutral setting supplement framed around the voyage of the skyship Star Phoenix. Bruce has kindly sent along a full page "preview" of the book, which is called Wings of Darkness!

Bruce "Voyage of the Prince Ark" Heard's latest Kickstarter is a gazetteer about a "realm of wizards and demons". Set in his world of Calidar, its a system-neutral setting supplement framed around the voyage of the skyship Star Phoenix. Bruce has kindly sent along a full page "preview" of the book, which is called Wings of Darkness!

ENWorld CAL2 Article.jpg

The book weighs in at 132-pages, and comes in both softcover ($30) and hardcover ($55) variants, as well as PDF format. You can also get 12"x18" player and GM maps (more maps at higher pledge levels).

So, what is it, exactly. I'll let Bruce Heard describe it -- "Remember the Voyage of the Princess Ark episodes from Dragon Magazine? Along the same general idea, "On Wings of Darkness" blends a new skyship episode in a 132 pg. geographic Gazetteer packed with info about a realm of wizards and demons." While it's standalone, ownership of Heard's In Stranger Skies is recommended.

Within these pages, you'll see some short fiction, chapters on geography and politics, NPCs and creatures (it says with stats, tough the book is system-neutral), and information on the magocracy, cabals, and more. Finally, there's details on the Sky City of Arcanial.

ENWorldUser

Explorer
This is clearly his update of Glantri, the wizard ruled principalities from the D&D known world/Mystara where Castle Amber was set.

If you don't know the original Princess Ark series, it was one of the best things in Dragon Magazine at that time.

But now with Demons and Necromancers!

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Every one of these kickstarters has been worth it. You should back these.

Interestingly, I am trying to write novels (well, interesting to me so far), and one of them starts in a Glantri like city, but that sounds more like what this does......well, it is like Glantri in that there are a lot of wizards and others there that think spellcasters are the elite, and everyone else is for their use....

Bruce Heard

Calidar Publishing
[FONT=&quot]How about this? An extra stretch goal for "Wings of Darkness."
Thank you all for pitching in!

[/FONT]
attachment.php

Elf_flambe

Explorer
I missed the first Calidar installment, picked it up as an add-on when I backed the second, and I've been an immediate backer for every one since. They have yet to disappoint in any way.

Exactly my path to the Calidar Kickstarters. The books are packed with flavorful and useful information, and the maps are beautiful! I really like the world that Bruce is building here.

Bruce Heard

Calidar Publishing
*CLICK HERE before Oct 31 6:00 pm*

#Calidar's Stretch Goal #10 was reached last night while many of you were out partying for Halloween. That wasn't so scary. So, "Adventures in Caldwen" has reached its top page count, now at 64, on top of the core sourcebook's 132 and up to 7 fold-up maps. This leaves just one ultimate Stretch Goal, which will unlock the Players' Guide to Caldwen. Will we reach it? The next three days or so will tell. Please pass the word! Of all Calidar Kickstarters, this is probably the most rewarding one. Thank you all for this.

Tier%2B10.png

Bruce Heard

Calidar Publishing
For the pledge of one book, up to 4 are available, including the core sourcebook reward, the adventure book, the players' guide, and the game mechanics overview, plus up to 7 fold-up maps. I think that pretty much covers the magiocracy! Best #Calidar Kickstarter... ever.

Remove ads

Remove ads