Winter Holiday Gaming

Amazing Triangle

First Post
I have heard in different podcast of winter games that groups have played. They are along the theme that a version of "Santa" and his "Elves" and maybe even his "Reindeer" are doing something to the world.

Can anyone help a make with an idea or two? I know everyone wants to debate the merits of editions of DnD but I wanted to know if anyone has done a game like this before.

I hate re-inventing the wheel, so if anyone has something done I would love to hear or see it.

*I was going to put this under plots and pc's but it didn't seem the place. There were no plots there.*

greyscale1

First Post
Howabout, an ancient wizard who's driven insane with grief when his family dies and attempts, nobly but foolishly to force the world to be happy forever.

His plan is to deliver the world toys with a curse on them. The curse would slowly drain a familys ability to feel emotions until they were utterly apathetic about everything.

PCs must stop him, etc etc etc.

That what you were looking for?

Amazing Triangle

First Post
Read Terry Pratchett's novel Hogfather, that might give you some inspiration.

To be blunt I am a teacher and right now I am reading 3-7 books every day. Is there any way you can paraphrase to help me out?

greyscale1 said:
Howabout, an ancient wizard who's driven insane with grief when his family dies and attempts, nobly but foolishly to force the world to be happy forever.

His plan is to deliver the world toys with a curse on them. The curse would slowly drain a familys ability to feel emotions until they were utterly apathetic about everything.

PCs must stop him, etc etc etc.

That what you were looking for?
I can work from that, What about the Reindeer and "Happy little elves"?

greyscale1

First Post
The elves:
Either actual elves or eladrin or imps. Someone took notice when this powerful wizard was starting to tip and sent minions to 'help' him along the way. Little elf type things helping him in his dark task and subtly prodding him farther along the path to insanity.

As for reindeer:

Respec some nightmares, only with cold and they look like freezing charnel reindeer. Simple. Santa might think they are normal reindeer and be unable to see them as anything else, but everyone else will see their true, horrible form.

I am actually picturing them now as Reindeer shapes made out of wicker (ya know, the kind of thing you might see on peoples yards, but lifesize) only inside the wicker is a foul pulsing icy blue malevolence. Tendrils of horrible cloying frosty air pour from the holes in the wicker. Maybe when the Reindeer are killed whatever was inside pours out and is some horrible spectral monster. Etc.

Jeremy757

First Post
To be blunt I am a teacher and right now I am reading 3-7 books every day. Is there any way you can paraphrase to help me out?

Okay short synopsis: The powers that be decide to have the Hogfather (Discworld's version of Santa) assassinated. When Hogfather dissapears the Grim Reaper decides to take up his job because people need to believe in the Hogfather. The heroes later discover that the assassin "killed" the Hogfather by using the teeth of children that the Toothfairy has gathered to mind control the children into not believing in the Hogfather.

For the longer synopsis, Wikipedia is your friend.

Remove ads