• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WIP - Siege Crab (update - painted and done!)

nyrfherdr

First Post
That thing is coming together very well.
Very well thought out assembly too. That is often the most difficult.

Be careful if there are cats. They love the smell of that clay and will chew up your hard work. (I speak from experience with several different cats!)

I know you won't want to do this for a crab, but that clay takes texture paint very well.

Anyway... Nice work.
Game ON!
Nyrfherdr

your crazy uncle...

I just couldn't put this guy down, so I ended up finishing the body tonight. Now I just need to paint him (thanks for the tip on paint Nyrf!)

This morning I attached the other 2 claws and put the bottom shell on.

crab_day3_03.jpg

Here's a shot of the bottom showing the hatch.

crab_day3_04.jpg

Tonight I just finished adding on the top shell and his crazy two eyes/stalks to finish him up.

crab_day3_05.jpg

A ground-level view.

crab_day3_06.jpg

And a close up. Argh!

crab_day3_07.jpg

I picked up some appropriate paint colors today, so I hope to paint him over the next 2 days. Once again I'd like to thank you all for the kind words. I feel really good about how this is turning out. Makes me wish I had more time to do other pieces.

- Val

:D

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Awesome work.

I am jealous of the players who will have the opportunity to watch their PCs being crushed between its claws

nyrfherdr

First Post
Very nicely done. I think you went with the right medium. Model Magic is light as a feather.
It does stay spongy, but it turned out fantastic.

I can't wait to see it painted too.
By the way, while the medium is spongy, it will not be flexible. If it gets handled unkindly, it will crack or unsupported (without wire) components will break off.

Great job Valanthe. Too bad you won't be surprising the players with that monstrosity. I would love to see the look on a players face the first time that thing is set on the map!

Game ON!
Nyrfherdr

WizarDru

Adventurer
Wait'll you see it painted. Val was half-done painting it last night, and it looked pretty awesome, IMHO. She was experimenting a little with blue and green shades, trying to get the right colors and blends.

At this point, I think several players are unaware that she's been working on this, so the layout on Saturday should be a bit of a suprise. Should look Awesome, especially with all of Scorch's swamp pieces.

Remove ads