Witcher (Netflix)

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I think the Witcher class itself is a bit complicated for my tastes too, but it's obvious that a lot of work and thought went into this, which means less work and thought for me!
Yeah agreed. I'd probably just build a variant ranger with something like a ki system in place of spells, and 5 simple but effective Signs he can use with them, and use the UA variants of favored enemy and natural explorer.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
Yeah agreed. I'd probably just build a variant ranger with something like a ki system in place of spells, and 5 simple but effective Signs he can use with them, and use the UA variants of favored enemy and natural explorer.
UA Variants came to my mind too and I'm lazy enough that Signs could just be appropriate spell lists. I like the idea of the Witcher potions, but I may try for a simpler drawback system. Like 1 level of exhaustion when a potion's effects wear off. That should pair well with the Tireless UA option.

I do like a lot of the Witcher School options more than some of the official Ranger subclasses. I'll give those some thought.

Last edited:

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
UA Variants came to my mind too and I'm lazy enough that Signs could just be appropriate spell lists. I like the idea of the Witcher potions, but I may try for a simpler drawback system. Like 1 level of exhaustion when a potions effects where off. That should pair well with the Tireless UA option.

I do like a lot of the Witcher School options more than some of the official Ranger subclasses. I'll give those some thought.
Great points. I'll have to take another look at those and see what I come up with.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I have seen Stranger things [all], The Witcher, and so many others. I am just now getting around to The Magicians.

I want more Witcher and Stranger Things gosh darn it !!!

Vael

Legend
Finished it tonight. The end battle was really cool, I enjoyed most of the characters. I didn't mind the time shifts, but I think they could've been more explicit about it. Yes, there were some references early, but I missed them. I have had "Toss a Coin to Your Witcher" stuck in my head, but it was a bit of a welcome respite from the other songs that have been in there. Actually, my main complaints were not enough Jaskier and that I just didn't care much for Ciri.

Netflix has released an interactive timeline / map (spoilers if you haven't finished watching):

I'm on episode 5, still deciding whether or not I like it. Trying to follow the timeline is probably the worst part of the show. Nothing seems to be told in any particular order, and it's really hard to figure out passage of time or when events occur. I think I'm actually more confused after looking at that web page.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm on episode 5, still deciding whether or not I like it. Trying to follow the timeline is probably the worst part of the show. Nothing seems to be told in any particular order, and it's really hard to figure out passage of time or when events occur. I think I'm actually more confused after looking at that web page.
I've got two to go. I find I have to kinda make myself watch them.

Remove ads