D&D 5E Witchlight Promo Video: Ellywick Tumblestrum

WotC posted this short video on its social media accounts today, featuring a character called Ellywick Tumblestrum, who is a bard from the Magic: the Gathering D&D set, Adventures in the Forgotten Realms. “Join Ellywick Tumblestrum from @Wizards_Magic's Adventures in the Forgotten Realms, bard of the multiverse, guest of the Summer Queen & bearer of Morningmist, as she casts Legend Lore to...

WotC posted this short video on its social media accounts today, featuring a character called Ellywick Tumblestrum, who is a bard from the Magic: the Gathering D&D set, Adventures in the Forgotten Realms.

“Join Ellywick Tumblestrum from @Wizards_Magic's Adventures in the Forgotten Realms, bard of the multiverse, guest of the Summer Queen & bearer of Morningmist, as she casts Legend Lore to uncover the next Dungeons & Dragons story!”

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yep, I am looking at is wiki page now and I see a couple of possibilities that play into some of the speculation already out there. Other than two different books on Dragons, the big one was writing the 2001 version of Oriental Adventures, centered on Rokugan. A new version of either of these could be it.

And I thought about just copying the whole wiki thing, but I thought that would be too much. ;)
Context is everything.

Rokugan is not WotC IP at this time, and I would expect any Asian Setting WotC produced yo resemble Oriental Adventures.

The Dragon angle seems pretty hot, what with all the Draconic UA we got.

Going with everything WotC publishes, maybe a new boxed set for the Forgotten Realms?

But seriously, other than all the work on MtG, what is Wyatt best known for? What is most likely for him to be working on that is not MtG?

He worked on The Player's Guide to Faerun which updated the Forgotten Realms from 3e to 3.5e and expanded the cosmology. He also written Eberron novels.

He really seems to be story/setting design guy, with some Monster experience too.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Wyatt has a pretty long history with the D&D team and worked on some major projects. Along with Paramandur's list add DMG1 and DMG2 for 4e. It be quite a slap in the face to give him a box of dice and index cards to manage as his first project lead after returning to the fold.
Well, my gut says "book", but being asked to design a major boxed set to be a pillar of D&D product sales is something that you want the veterans to do, which they did with the other two main boxed sets.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Well, my gut says "book", but being asked to design a major boxed set to be a pillar of D&D product sales is something that you want the veterans to do, which they did with the other two main boxed sets.

Yeah, my gut is saying this is a monster book with gem dragons and that UA. So a book.

Obviously it could be anything though, knowing how much material is cut.

Well, he wrote the 5E DMG, and during the D&D Next playtest he was responsible for the metasetting Bible that defined all the Races and Monsters for 5E used when making the MM and Volo's Guide. He led the default Setting development in 4E, as well. In 3E, he worked on the Draconomicon and Deities & Demigods. Settings and Monaters are his balliwick.
With all the new DMs coming into the game a "new DM kit" might be a good product
Halfway between the Essentials Kit and the DMG
All about planning an adventure, building encounters, making fun encounters, turning a game into a campaign, making NPCs and creating a starting settlment
Include some pawns or tokens, some more cards and table tents and a requisite DM screen

Yeah, my gut is saying this is a monster book with gem dragons and that UA. So a book.

Obviously it could be anything though, knowing how much material is cut.
We were teased with gem dragons nearly a year and a half ago with the release of the adult sapphire dragon stat block, and told we'd see more "soon", so, along with the UA, it really does point to this release, especially with Wyatt's work on the previous Draconomicon (and monster books in general)...

Parmandur

Book-Friend
We were teased with gem dragons nearly a year and a half ago with the release of the adult sapphire dragon stat block, and told we'd see more "soon", so, along with the UA, it really does point to this release, especially with Wyatt's work on the previous Draconomicon (and monster books in general)...
Yeah, it would be the first Monster book with Subclasses, but they make sense.

Yeah, it would be the first Monster book with Subclasses, but they make sense.
Now that we know the fey UA stuff is likely going to be in the September adventure, it looks like a prospective momster book will be focused solely on dragons, and not mixed with other monster types like Volo's and Mordenkainen's. So they're probably going to need some subclasses to fill out the page count! Also, I expect well get a chapter on how to run a dragon-heavy campaign...

Zaukrie

New Publisher
With all the new DMs coming into the game a "new DM kit" might be a good product
Halfway between the Essentials Kit and the DMG
All about planning an adventure, building encounters, making fun encounters, turning a game into a campaign, making NPCs and creating a starting settlment
Include some pawns or tokens, some more cards and table tents and a requisite DM screen
great idea! Especially with the mess that is CR .....

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Now that we know the fey UA stuff is likely going to be in the September adventure, it looks like a prospective momster book will be focused solely on dragons, and not mixed with other monster types like Volo's and Mordenkainen's. So they're probably going to need some subclasses to fill out the page count! Also, I expect well get a chapter on how to run a dragon-heavy campaign...
Well, if we get a chapter diving deep into Metallic Dragons, another diving deep into Chromatic Dragons, another diving deep on Gem Dragons, maybe a new deep dive.take on Kobolds, and another diving deep on Dragonborn...that's a lot of deep diving, plus a fat bestiary of Dragons and Dragon adjacent stuff. Easy to fill a book.

Remove ads

Remove ads