D&D 5E Witchlight Promo Video: Ellywick Tumblestrum

WotC posted this short video on its social media accounts today, featuring a character called Ellywick Tumblestrum, who is a bard from the Magic: the Gathering D&D set, Adventures in the Forgotten Realms.

“Join Ellywick Tumblestrum from @Wizards_Magic's Adventures in the Forgotten Realms, bard of the multiverse, guest of the Summer Queen & bearer of Morningmist, as she casts Legend Lore to uncover the next Dungeons & Dragons story!”

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
People were speculating that their announcement was going to be synchronous with WOTC’s announcement today.
I would think the big live show on Friday would be the time for the big announcement, since they've got the "what's going on with the next season" stuff out of the way. It doesn't mean it'll happen, but expecting CR to make all their announcements one time and then not announce anything else for weeks or months ignores history.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I would think the big live show on Friday would be the time for the big announcement, since they've got the "what's going on with the next season" stuff out of the way. It doesn't mean it'll happen, but expecting CR to make all their announcements one time and then not announce anything else for weeks or months ignores history.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Mercer is cooking up a new book with WotC, while he does the prep work for Campaifn 3: having a Campaign book that matches up with the starting state of Campaign 3 would make solid sense, but I wouldn't expect it this year.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Mercer is cooking up a new book with WotC, while he does the prep work for Campaifn 3: having a Campaign book that matches up with the starting state of Campaign 3 would make solid sense, but I wouldn't expect it this year.

Yeah, someone else mentioned the first two books were not timed even close to the start of the first two campaigns, so I had to go look that up. And yeah, the Tal'dorei book was published about two years after the start of that campaign arc and the Wildemount book was published a little more than two years after the second one started. So while they are better known now and a book for a new campaign would be expected, if they use one of the other continents, it would probably still not come out for at least a year after the start of their third campaign arc. Even if Mercer has been writing it, it is highly unlikely to be ready this soon to be revealed, or be published this year.

And none of that precludes a book being announced.
No... but none of that precludes them switching to their own custom game system
Absence of proof isn't proof

People just expected it because the new campaign was coming and CR had a press release incoming the same time as WizCo's announcements
Turned out it was a coincidence

They might do a new book, but I doubt Mercer was working on campaign 3 in detail 18 months ago when they were doing the 2021 publication schedule
I'm sure they'll do a new book. Eventually. A year into the campaign when they have a better idea what's going on

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Absence of proof isn't proof
I'm not a partisan in this fight. I was just saying that everyone going "ah ha, they announced some things, therefore, they will not be announcing a book" is an illogical leap.

If anything, I'd expect a revised Tal'dorei book to come out before a campaign three sourcebook. It's out of print, they control the rights and it'd be an easy sell to their now-expanded audience.

EDIT: Ooh, and they can use the art created for the Legends of Vox Machina animated show, which would be a natural point to re-release the book.

Last edited:

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
In business terms, I understand. But it's nuts that real-world people would ever consider January as spring, or October as winter.
Where I live, January is spring. The world turns green and flowery and its cold unless you’re in the sun some days, and warm unless you’re in the shade other days.

We get rain and warmth in January.

Of course “spring” is relative. It’s going to be 110 next Wednesday, but it was in the 70’s today. In “Spring”, it just from low 60’s to mid 80’s day by day. It’s more like winter and summer are battling to the death, winning and losing on a day by day basis, until summer finally brutally murders winter and then proceeds to run about beating everyone it sees with a red hot iron.

But January and February are pretty nice.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases