D&D 5E With Saltmarsh, how much of GH is now fair game?

Hussar

Legend
Which is exactly what we've seen. Lots and lots of material related directly to Saltmarsh and some fairly generic naval stuff that can be linked to Saltmarsh, but, zero on anything beyond that. AFAIK, there's very little related to any of the other adventures in the module. Maybe some very directly related stuff- updated maps, some updated encounters, that sort of thing. But, no Guide to the Styes or that sort of thing.

IcarusATB

Explorer
... zero on anything beyond that. AFAIK, there's very little related to any of the other adventures in the module. ...
Well, No worries. The only catch is the "AFAIK".
But, there's nothing wrong with that. Not knowing is simply not having gotten information, yet. But, I can help there.
So, one can search names of individual adventures, and there's a slew of stuff.
There's even DMsGuild Silver, Gold, Platinum and Mithral best-sellers. There are ones for individually named adventures. A great deal of stuff for the "Ghosts of Saltmarsh" campaign as a whole that's not specifically for the town of Saltmarsh—like magic items, NPCs, and even maps.
For places like the Ghost Tower of Inverness, Isle of the Abbey,
Whole books about diseases, NPC full page stats, digital assets for digital tabletops, hideouts, side quests, and even other stuff like the Scarlet Brotherhood and other (some new) factions.

There's a lot of content for all distinct aspects of GoS which have nothing to do with the town of Saltmarsh.

IcarusATB

Explorer
as far as free actual legal advice, I thought it was good.
Considering it's actual legal advice which doesn't actually follow the actual policies of the DMsGuild or WotC, and there are plainly available products which support Greyhawk content ... it seems at least inaccurate.
They meant well, I'm sure. But, there's not any basis for the list of things to not touch in GH, when they're already published.

Last edited:

Remove ads