Starfinder Witness These Many Starfinder Books!

Paizo is busy setting up its booth at Gen Con in Indianapolis - and that means a LOT of Starfinder hardcovers. This picture is courtesy of Paizo's James Sutter.

Paizo is busy setting up its booth at Gen Con in Indianapolis - and that means a LOT of Starfinder hardcovers. This picture is courtesy of Paizo's James Sutter.

paizobooth.jpg

AJCarrington

Explorer
Paizo's shipping/ warehouse staff is notoriously slow. I've often had to wait 2-3 weeks for orders to even leave their warehouse. If you're not a subscriber, they really don't prioritise your order.
Additionally, they often show items as "in stock" when they're really items they can order at-will (especially Reaper minis) so you need to wait for items to ship to them before they ship to you.

Plus, a large number of their warehouse staff will be at the con, packing and then unpacking. Buying anything a week before/ after GenCon means a much longer wait.
I've stopped buying directly from Paizo for non-exclusives because I just don't know when I'll receive my package or be charged for my order.

I've not really had these experiences in the past, though sometimes subscription shipments got a little funky. In this case, I had the shipping notice by end of the following day...pretty pleased right now.:D

I've not really had these experiences in the past, though sometimes subscription shipments got a little funky. In this case, I had the shipping notice by end of the following day...pretty pleased right now.:D
During regular times it's often fine. Whenever they have a sale or major release, they get busy. And whenever there's a major convention, things get crazy.

TrickyUK

Explorer
Got core book, GM screen, pawns and starfield flip-mat today in UK. And here I was thinking I need to fly out to Gen-Con to get a copy so soon!

Desh-Rae-Halra

Explorer
Paizo's shipping/ warehouse staff is notoriously slow. I've often had to wait 2-3 weeks for orders to even leave their warehouse. If you're not a subscriber, they really don't prioritise your order.
Additionally, they often show items as "in stock" when they're really items they can order at-will (especially Reaper minis) so you need to wait for items to ship to them before they ship to you.

Plus, a large number of their warehouse staff will be at the con, packing and then unpacking. Buying anything a week before/ after GenCon means a much longer wait.
I've stopped buying directly from Paizo for non-exclusives because I just don't know when I'll receive my package or be charged for my order.

Oh good.
The lines to even get into the Paizo booth were always super long. Selling in two places should help.

Contacted Paizo and seems like there was some mix up...I pre-ordered but there was a glitch in their system that said something was back-ordered ( which should not apply to pre-orders)...thankfully, the person was able to fix it and allegedly my order was sent right out....

Remove ads

Remove ads