• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wizard Combo: Bleeding the Storm

pinbot

First Post
My bet is that Blood Pulse will be updated to be "every square the target moves out of" -- thus not to be triggered by push and pull. I think the idea is exertion causes them harm, not that there is a damage zone they are moving through. Just a guess of course, but considering the idea of restricting their options is a lot more (4e) wizardly than trying to combo for uber damage, I feel pretty sure that's where they'll go.

evillives

First Post
pinbot said:
My bet is that Blood Pulse will be updated to be "every square the target moves out of" -- thus not to be triggered by push and pull. I think the idea is exertion causes them harm, not that there is a damage zone they are moving through. Just a guess of course, but considering the idea of restricting their options is a lot more (4e) wizardly than trying to combo for uber damage, I feel pretty sure that's where they'll go.

Checked up on the movement rules, and sadly there is an entry under forced movement in the combat rules that says pushing pulling, etc. is not a move. The ruling however only deals with how forced movement affects the creature's own ability to move. It does not address the issue of forced moves causing triggered effects such as the Blood Pulse effect, and if that is what is intended, then a short sentence needs to be appended to the ruling.

We'll see what WotC does with this one, if anything, I guess. Thanks for the thoughts.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads