Wizard Names

Mallus

Legend
Here are some the magicians my current group has encountered, or at least heard of, in the fabulous world of CITY.

Dr. Mephisophocles, Professor of Ineffable Inquiry and Un-Natural Philosophy at the University of Narayan, member of the Brotherhood of the Black Worm and Employee of the immortal sorcerer Erebus.

Mr. Darkheart, a member of the Brotherhood noted for sealing away the demonic entity called Effame Gauche beneath a monastery of the God of Feasting in Narayan. Dr. Mephisophocles's mentor.

Nadir Akmad-Medhi, renegade Mind-Duelist from the Miir Valley School who has drunk demon blood from the Goblet of Ire. Party nemesis.

Shalazar, head of the New School for Gate Research at the Acadeum Gaeta in Gallina:CITY.

Sanjuro, "Saville" Roeh, a social-climbing alchemist who specializes in blood and hunting magics.

Mop Mop Bow, a tea-shop owner who specializes in "the Wu of Water"; a form of tea-based alchemy.

Magnus Gyrefalcon, famous alchemist-engineer who designed the Size-Malleable Self-Winding Phlogistonic Combat Gryphon Prototype Alpha, codename: "Philip".

Riven Sugarglass, hideously deformed alchemist said to own one of the three existing copies of the Calculatus Homunculatus, and claims to have co-written the Philosohpers Algorithm which gives artificial souls to constructs.

Presto2112

Explorer
A method I like occasionally using is to slightly misspell existing modern names. Move around or change a letter or two. Greg become Greb, Allan becomes Xannal, Kenneth becomes Krennet, etc...

zypherillius

First Post
wow, creative names?

maybe im out of the loop, but every character ive ever rolled up fromt he start with the exception of 4 have all been named tim.
wizards, fighters, druids, rogues, all named tim. if im running two characters in a campaign, the one that was first is tim, and the second one is always the name of the class they are.
the four exceptions are arial bombardment, he was a flying sorcerer that had so many fireballs he had to retire.
edmund fitzgerald, he was a wizard that was two levels ahead of everybody else in the campaign, then drew from a deck of many things and got 100000 experience, so hes retired now.
had a 16th level wizard named Eeh since i couldnt think of any other names at the time.
last and definatly not least, in a star wars campaign i had a hairless wookie named tim, but when he died, i had has albino brother come in, and the brothers name was timmy.
i guess when one watches too much monty python, the tim the enchanter influence is a bit much, but it does make it easier over games since everybody knows the character from every other game you play in with them.
i find it hard to name any character, so thats why i stick with the same one all the time.

Remove ads