D&D General Wizard's hat

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
I’m actually amazed that I haven’t found a single wizard hat in all the books I looked through :eek: I went through propably all the 3.x era FR books and quite some of the non-setting books that could have had them. I’d have bet on Magic Item Compendium to have one, but no... One would assume that a game featuring wizards so heavily, would have the cliche wizard hat as several magic items, but I came across none!

Colour me curious. If you don't know what it looked like and don't know what it did, how will you know when you found it?
I have issues with availability of recall after about two years of not being exposed to a lot of things but upon seeing something again i correctly identify it without fail. Its a subtle memory issue my psychiatrist has told me is a result of having aspergers and having been over prescribed adderal and zoloft for 10 years of my childhood. It affects me in odd ways.

I was going to comment more but i figured i already made it weird enough. Heh...awkward...

I’m actually amazed that I haven’t found a single wizard hat in all the books I looked through :eek: I went through propably all the 3.x era FR books and quite some of the non-setting books that could have had them. I’d have bet on Magic Item Compendium to have one, but no... One would assume that a game featuring wizards so heavily, would have the cliche wizard hat as several magic items, but I came across none!
Believe it or not i remember knowing of only 3 such magical wizard hat shaped hats fitting the description (plus one black colored variant of one of them being in the same book) back when i was playing 3/3.5 3 days a week and i dont think any of them were in the same book. For the edition with arguably the most items ever in d&d i am surprised i never found more wizard hats. I agree thats its quite ironic. I also remember that one or two of them were royal pains in the a$$ to find even back when i knew what book to look in because it was in one or two of the books where the pdf was almost never control search capable (pretty sure that was the (or one of the) faerun related books). They were hard to find even when their locations were fresh for me. I never should have let work get in the way of d&d for a couple years.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Well, I went through each and every 3.x Faerun books’ (including the adventures and even checked the Grand History) magic item sections and didn’t find anything except the helm I mentioned. I am 95% certain that I have all the FR books from that era, but there is ofcourse a slight possibility that I lack a book... Sorry that I could not be of help.

Well, I went through each and every 3.x Faerun books’ (including the adventures and even checked the Grand History) magic item sections and didn’t find anything except the helm I mentioned. I am 95% certain that I have all the FR books from that era, but there is ofcourse a slight possibility that I lack a book... Sorry that I could not be of help.
Huh. It might only be obscurely mentioned in the description that its wizard hat shaped without mentioning that its a wizard hat by name. And maybe in some obscure campaign resource. Guess I'll have to keep searching. Thankyou for trying. I appreciate it.

Remove ads