D&D General Wizards of the Coast releases pay-for-download PDFs of The AD&D 2E Complete Starter Set, Bloodspawn (Birthright) and both Savage Coast books (Mystara)

Sorry, almost off-topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread. I think this is enoughly linked because it is about a special offer in Drivethrurpg.

If WotC can't publish a new d20 Star Wars yet (have you noticed Asmodee only publishes now the RPG Legend of the Five Rings?) the next no-D&D franchise will be Gamma World. Why not? Mutant Year Zero even has been adapted into a videogame. And Gamma World is perfect to sell action figures or antropomorphic animal warriors.

D&D: Wizards of the Coast release a first edition post-apocalyptic Gamma World bundle​

61lGlDIPWFL.jpg

dfe19d09c8d3b2d7b349a84b6bac98e8.jpg

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Oh damn, Battle Beasts! I'd forgotten about those, had heaps of them as a kid, even a few of the comics. I vaguely recall the cartoon opening as well. So many 80s franchises that I've since forgotten about.

My intention was to insinuate Gamma World were perfect as a sci-fi setting with antropomorphic animals, and then this could be enough popular among children, teenage and young adult market. Namely, with the right work, Gamma World can become a multimedia franchise and a future cash-cow, and even compatible with other franchises from the Hasbroverse (for example Inhumanoids, Visionaries or M.A.S.K) set in the current age. Have I been too subtle?

But the sci-fi gets old very fast and this needs an updated, not only to adding the last technologies (graphene, mobiles, 3D-printers, multirotor flying vehicles..) but how to find the right power balance with the high-tech weapons.

17236.jpg

e297570a2187ba478962a95e1a51178e.jpg

3825ab2515eb5cacd168bace0b3ea797.jpg

d315iku-0201782c-fc30-4f55-98be-79e0f1cce6bd.jpg

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
My intention was to insinuate Gamma World were perfect as a sci-fi setting with antropomorphic animals, and then this could be enough popular among children, teenage and young adult market. Namely, with the right work, Gamma World can become a multimedia franchise and a future cash-cow, and even compatible with other franchises from the Hasbroverse (for example Inhumanoids, Visionaries or M.A.S.K) set in the current age. Have I been too subtle?

But the sci-fi gets old very fast and this needs an updated, not only to adding the last technologies (graphene, mobiles, 3D-printers, multirotor flying vehicles..) but how to find the right power balance with the high-tech weapons.

17236.jpg

e297570a2187ba478962a95e1a51178e.jpg

3825ab2515eb5cacd168bace0b3ea797.jpg

d315iku-0201782c-fc30-4f55-98be-79e0f1cce6bd.jpg
looks like someone merge he man with the ninja turtles and then nuked the world.

looks like someone merge he man with the ninja turtles and then nuked the world.
Flash Gordon + Ninja Turtles + Mad Max? Yes, it is a idea such a crazy idea than it can work. But I advice a fictional work to avoid troubles about "the heirs of the Soviet Union are the bad guys because the apocalypse was their fault", and allowing freedom to add some supernatural elements, for example secret societies of vampires lodges.

What about an pony-head PC race for Gamma World as a wink for the bronies? At least some article being published in April's Fool.

d2bkjm8-ccc64623-95ca-4a37-92b1-bea3840ec910.jpg

STL193794-350x350.jpg

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Flash Gordon + Ninja Turtles + Mad Max? Yes, it is a idea such a crazy idea than it can work. But I advice a fictional work to avoid troubles about "the heirs of the Soviet Union are the bad guys because the apocalypse was their fault", and allowing freedom to add some supernatural elements, for example secret societies of vampires lodges.

What about an pony-head PC race for Gamma World as a wink for the bronies? At least some article being published in April's Fool.

d2bkjm8-ccc64623-95ca-4a37-92b1-bea3840ec910.jpg

STL193794-350x350.jpg
how did you get my dnd mars idea?

Remove ads