WoBS - in Eberron {spoilers}

The main problem with fitting the adventures into Khorviare is that you need to have the nations in somewhat the same configuration and attitudes. I went back in time to the settings violentt and unstable past where, according to the 'Secrets of Sarlona', nations rose and fell rapidly.

I don't think it would work pulling the series back into the Dhakaani Empire.. altho it might be cool to run an all Goblinoid game :)

If I were to do it, I would change the Ragesian's to the Dhakaani and have them boiling out of Darguun as Shavarath becomes countermonious with Eberron... bringing forth battle-lust and all sort of fun stuff. They would overrun Zilargo fairly quickly, but then be foiled by the 'Gates Pass' between them and Breland (Shahalesi). The other current nations could stand in somewhat for the campaign nations as:
Thrane and Aundair = Dassen, with Seaquin being located up near the Eldeen Bay
Ostalin = the Eldeen Reaches
The Demon Wastes and Shadow Marches = Ostalin
Karnatth = Sindaire

The Mourning keeps Valenar and Talenta from really joining in.
This is based mostly on geographic location than on actual 'this could work'. There would have to be some shoehorning to get the political factions working.

I'm only using the Sovereign Host and the Dark Six as deities in my campaign. They have also not yet gathered into two distinct groups - although I have no idea what Eberron canon has to say on that subject.

It would be nice if Eberron had a more welcoming sea god. Somehow I can't see Torrent as a cleric of the Devourer, but changing her deity to Dol Arrah has reduced her ties to that water-loving druid in Seaquen, which is a shame.

I haven't assigned a god to the inquisitors. I have treated them as following Leska, and they stick with whatever domains they get in the adventure text.

It is clearly possible to start new religions in Eberron which grant spells to clerics; the only reason no one in modern Eberron has heard of the cult of Leska is because a bunch of adventurers foiled their evil plans a long time ago ....

amethal said:
It is clearly possible to start new religions in Eberron which grant spells to clerics; the only reason no one in modern Eberron has heard of the cult of Leska is because a bunch of adventurers foiled their evil plans a long time ago ....

Reading this makes me giddy.

dutch206

First Post
FYI: The Eberron planar calculation tool on the WotC website works with negative numbers:

click here

So, if you type in "-1500", it will tell you what alignment the planes are in for every month of the campaign year. (Kythri is coterminus for the first 71 days of the campaign, for example)

Regretfully my campaign..... that I just realized from the date of this thread started 3 years ago* .... has been a rather 'beer and pretzals' variety so we haven't really dug into the setting. I haven't had to flesh out any further than what is shown above.

I really should map out the months using the calendar... give the world a bit more of an Eberron feel.

* We only get 4 to 6 hours a month in one session, so its been rather slow going. We just moved to the 6th module last month.

I think it'd be a shame not to run this on (almost) current day Khorvaire. There are some alterations to geography and history that would be needed, but nothing major.

Now admittedly, I'm basing my decisions on mostly the first few advenutres and the Campaign Guide, so I may need to make alterations as I find out more.

First, Marguul Pass takes the place of Gate Pass and the Battle of Marguul Pass during the Last War did not occur as written in Forge of War. Formerly belonging to Cyre, Marguul Pass was annexed by Breland when Darguul declared it's independence. During the remaining 30 years of the Last War, the city passed between Darguul and Breland several times. Finally fed up with the war, Marguul Pass declared itself an independent city and despite a few meager attacks by the two neighbouring nations, managed to keep its independence. It's independence was codified in the Treaty of Thronehold.

Next, advance the timeline by about 10 years.

Breland is Ragesia.

Late in 1003 King Boranell died. Lord Ruken ir'Clarn succeeded in his plot to turn the monarchy into a ceremonial position and was voted as the country's first prime minister to be head of state. However it was not to last. On his first trip to Sharn after his election to celebrate the new democracy, he, his entire cabinet, Boranell's heirs and about 40,000 other victims died in the most horriffic terrorist attack in history.

An eldritch device of immense power nullfied the manifest zone of Syrania in the heart of Sharn. Without the influence of the plane, Skyway and the entire Central Plateau collapsed into ruin. Accusations and incriminations shot out among the Dragonmarked Houses and all the nations of Khorvaire.

The Last War may have restarted right there if it weren't for the fact that people still feared another Mourning. With no civilian government, General Coaltongue, one of the most decorated soldiers of the Last War (and in fact, he fought during the first battles over 100 years ago) took control and declared martial law. In shock, the population accepted this situation.

Breland has spent two years recovering from the disaster. There continued to be calls for revenge for the disaster but strangely, it was impossible to discover who or what was responsible for the attack. Becoming more and more paranoid, Coaltongue at the suggestion of his friend Leska, created the Inquisitors whose mission was to investigate enemies of the state.

Eventually in the ruins of the towers, the cause of the disaster was discovered. The eldritch device that destroyed the towers was discovered to have been powered by arcane energies. A pogrom was instituted in Breland, imprisoning arcane casters.
Finally, Breland was ready to start going to war with the goal of attaining the throne of Galifar, which many believed that Breland could have done earlier, if it merely had had the will.

At the recommendation of Leska, Coaltongue decided to make Droaam his first conquest, recovering part of the territory Breland had lost when Droaam declared independence. The Sisters of Sora Kell refused to surrender but strangely the monsters of Droaam did not put up much organized resistance. However, the Sisters were never captured and have disappeared Breland then absorbed Droaam back into the country and added the monstrous troops to its armies. In truth, Leska is actually Sora Katra, one of the sisters of Sora Kell. It actually was she and her sisters that orchestrated the disaster in Sharn, all in a long game attempt to take control of Breland themselves.

Shahalesti is Darguul.

In 998 Ruus Dhakan united the clans of the Dhakaani. The Dhakaani planned their conquest over the Ghaal'dar and struck in 999 when the Lhesh Haruuc died. With their superiority in combat and ancient artifiacts the Dhakaani quickly conquered the rest of Darguul. Over the past 10 years they have striven to develop a navy, improving the army and increasing their mastery of the arcane arts

Attempting to improve their diplomatic status, Darguul quickly sent aid to Breland after the great terrorist attack. This significantly improved the relations between the countries...until recently as Breland became more and more militant. Darguul has spent the last year preparing for a war that they expect to come soon.

Zilargo is Dassen.

Seaquen is actually the feyspire Pylas Pyrial, with some slight geographical modifications to create a peninsula with a swamp for it to be on.

Thrane is Sindaire.

Aundair is Ostalin.

Remove ads