WOIN [WOIN] Called Shots in combat

Hi

Just re-re-reading the combat rules ready for our next playtest session and I got to Called Shots and I got confused a bit... I understand the 2d6 penalty to hit but can you explain why, given I'm making a ranged attack, that I make it against VITAL and not RANGED Defense?

I understood that VITAL comes into play when you're saving against systemic attacks - like poisons - so I'm puzzled as to why it would be used in called shots (either ranged or melee).

TIA!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
To inflict a condition you’re attacking your target’s sturdiness. Is he knocked prone, or does he just take it?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The way I see it, big critters are likely to have higher VITAL but lower RANGED. So it's easy to *hit* a brontosaurus, but it isn't easy to knock it down or push it! I could see an argument for disarm, and as a GM I'd probably allow it.

The way I see it, big critters are likely to have higher VITAL but lower RANGED. So it's easy to *hit* a brontosaurus, but it isn't easy to knock it down or push it! I could see an argument for disarm, and as a GM I'd probably allow it.

Yep - I get the logic on the first three but I think I will house-rule that Disarm is vs Ranged/Melee Defense (unless, of course, the weapon is a natural one :p). Thanks again!

Remove ads