WOIN N.E.W. Space Opera [OOC]...

GreenKarl

First Post
I edited the first post but also...

XP and Advancement

OK just too formally spell this out:
Too advance a Career Grade is the Grade x5 in XP
For Incremental Upgrades...
**To raise an Attribute is the new level x2 in XP (raising STR from 9 to 10 costs 20XP, while increasing a skill rank from 2 to 3 costs 6XP)
**To purchase a new Universal Exploit (cannot purchase career exploits separately) cost half the price of a new grade (so Grade x2.5 XP)

Shayuri

First Post
When you advance a career grade, you choose a career and add the benefits? This was something I was unclear on from the book. Or do you just pick more skills, attributes, etc etc? If you choose a career, does it have to be one you've 'used' during the game?

Also, is the 'androids pick 2 modifications' being used in your game, since we've heard from the writer that it's going to be canonized in the next book coming out? :)

GreenKarl

First Post
Well from my reading you get all the "stuff" you would get from an new Career, 4 points in Stats, 2 skills and an Exploit. Now I am not 100% on this but thats my understanding...

Shayuri

First Post
That's how it looked to me too, GK, about ranking up, but I wasn't sure in hindsight if you -could- choose a career (with access to career exploits), or if you were -obliged- to pick a Career, or if Careers are only chosen during character generation and not afterwards.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Okay, have to say that I am interested. I remember making some characters a couple years back for a contest Morris had and really enjoying it. Have room for another player? What roles need to be filled on the team? I'll get the books and see what I can work up. Looks like a Face might be helpful? Or maybe a medic?

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Yeah, adding a new career is like leveling up. All four attribute increases, 2 career skills and an exploit.

And actually, there are 2 ways to level up. XP and time. If you spend downtime, usually 1d6 years, you can advance a grade without needing to spend XP. I suppose that would be for people who want to use their XP for exploits and such.

[MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] Hey just wanted to give you a heads up but you can't just read someones mind with empathy if the target is unwilling. You would need to make a PSI vs Mental Defense check. Rule is on page 62 under "Checks and attacks" of the NEW core book. Wanted to bring this to your attention as Axel is a Psycher and would be actively preventing others from reading his thoughts and emotions.

Remove ads