Wonder Woman (trailer)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
And yet the government would know about her. Didn't look so in the superman movies.

I expect Waller knew about her. And Luthor did. Need-to-know. In Man of Steel, that general wasn't on the need-to-know list. And superheroes are pretty good at being better than governments at everything - it's the genre.

ccs

41st lv DM
That is sort of my point. She got hit by Doomsday, shrugged it off, smiled and jump right back in the melee. In the trailer she can't stop a bullet from killing/wounding her friend and needs the bracers to deflect bullets. Doomsday's punch > bullet.

Maybe she doesn't get it right away. During the trailer she seems to fly and get hit by lightning. Maybe a power up? If not, her power level fluctuates too much between BvS and WW. But this is just a trailer, so I agree it is early to say that with certainty.

Marvel Studios (those rasquels) have done good films with some rather bland superheroes. Mainly by dipping in genres other than action.

1) You seem to be really stuck on this thing about her seeming stronger in BvS than in the trailers we've seen so far.
If you're right? Then what about 100 years worth of XP gained can't you fathom?

2) Sure, Marvel has pulled off good stories by dipping into other genres. But DC? It could be argued that they're still working on the action part....

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Her shield got hit by Doomsday's heat vision. Her bracelet gets hit by a bullet. I'm not seeing any inconsistency here. Her shield is stronger than her bracelet, clearly.

I don't recall seeing her punched by Doomsday, but I don't remember that fight in much detail. Maybe she did; I'd have to check.
At the end. [video=youtube;QOnAH-R5tvY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOnAH-R5tvY[/video]

Kramodlog

1) You seem to be really stuck on this thing about her seeming stronger in BvS than in the trailers we've seen so far.
If you're right? Then what about 100 years worth of XP gained can't you fathom?
Maybe it is my imagination. Maybe she gets an artifact that increases her power between both films. Maybe it is bad writting.

2) Sure, Marvel has pulled off good stories by dipping into other genres. But DC? It could be argued that they're still working on the action part....
Action? Lest start with the lighting.

odo1nfdf0eeqcr1gvpn2.jpg

iyikiyftjjgbrz2d5ko2.png

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow

so true :(

but to be fair they did hint and some espionage fun between Bruce and Diana during Lex's party. Of course they then glossed over the whole thing which might have been what saved it. I'd love to see a lot more of and espionage vibe to the WW movies
(NB how Gal Gadot go in the Keeping up with the Jones?)

In the trailer she can't stop a bullet from killing/wounding her friend and needs the bracers to deflect bullets.
It looks like she wasn't paying attention enough or was moving to defend Trevor as the bullet flew pass, mind you
guns aren't a thing on Paradise Island.
AFAIK, She has always used the bracelets to deflect bullets and yes they are bracelets as opposed to bracers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Woman's_bracelets

[video=youtube;TXNJcov4sXA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXNJcov4sXA[/video]

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
It looks pretty good but I am worried about Gal Gadot in the role.

why are you worried about her?

Like Arnuld in Terminator I think Gadot is well suited to this role - a centuries old princess is going to be an outsider who comes across as a bit aloof and different to the mundane people around her.

and so far Gadots expressions have been a good match for the emotion/action she's involved in

Kramodlog

Isn't her being the daughter of Zeus the New 52 version of WW? She doesn't need artifacts there as half goddess.
Maybe in the comics, but we do not know much about the movie version of WW. Amazons might be aliens for all we know.

Remove ads