World of Kulan Art Thread (Updated: Aug 27/22)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I've recently discovered Night Café Studio and have begun generating AI artwork through that web site. It is a very useful tool for creating imagery for my various campaign settings, but it will likely be World of Kulan that will get the most AI art designs for it. I started with the idea of making artwork for Harqual's various cities and I started with the one city I'm a bit obsessed about right now, Cirrus.

Here is my creator profile: Knightfall1972 - User on NightCafe Creator

Cirrus_upscaled.jpg

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
While that turned out really great, the other city design I wanted to make right away was for my homebrewed version of Waterdeep, which is called Deepwater, The Shining City, in the Lands of Harqual.

Deepwater_The Shining City.jpg

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
All of this is being generated through Night Café's new stable diffusion option, which just got added to the sight's AI art generators.

Here is another stable design of a silver dragon.

Silver Dragon on a Mountaintop.jpg

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Before the stable diffusion option went online, the web site had two main text-to-image options, coherent and artists. The coherent generator is a great for designs more real-to-life designs, but unlike with stable, it has a bit of a learning curve to get really good results. Still, it has the option of adding a starter image to help.

This next city is a coherent design that was based on photograph I took of Edmonton's River Valley. The city is known as Ambris, City at the Pines.

Ambris, City at the Pines_Evolved.jpg

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Stable is great for designing characters. Much more so than coherent. With coherent, the faces, limbs, and features can sometime turn out warped. With the stable option, it is easier to get great NPC or deity artwork. The first character I wanted to create is the leader of the Pantheon of the North, Cronn!

Cronn, Grandfather of the North Gods
Cronn_Grandfather of the North Gods_Ver2.jpg

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
That's all for now. I'm also going to try to get the stable diffusion generator to create great images of my homebrewed character races and monsters. :D

Edit: If there comes a point where I manage to earn enough credits through the web sites various badges, I might take a crack at doing some of the characters in the old free character art request thread... sort of to give back to all those who participated in that thread back in the day.

However, I have A LOT of personal design goals to work on first.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I'm getting better using the stable diffusion option on Night Cafe. Here is my best result, so far.

Aureus Canis (Final Version)
Aureus Canis_Final Version.jpg

Remove ads