• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World of Whitethorn

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
I'm going to be starting up a D&D game sometime soon and finally got around to reading some modules I picked up three years ago. Hamlet of Thumble and Village of Oester are absolutely wonderful and I'm planning on using their setting as a basis for the world.

I've seen mention here and there of module 1C: The City of Calas, but can't seem to find it anywhere. Does anyone know if it ever came out?

Any other suggestions for modules is appreciated. I ordered a bunch of the dungeon crawl classics from the stiggybaby sale, but haven't found out what will actually arrive yet.

Ed Cha (writer of both modules) moved to South Korea and no longer works in the industry. He had most of City of Calas written and then heard about "The world's largest City" and Ptolus and that pretty much killed his enthusiasm to finish the project.

Let me know how Village of Oester works for you, I helped out on that and I'm listed under "special thanks" in the credits.

Thanks
Robert Jeffries

Treebore

First Post
Hairy Minotaur said:
Ed Cha (writer of both modules) moved to South Korea and no longer works in the industry. He had most of City of Calas written and then heard about "The world's largest City" and Ptolus and that pretty much killed his enthusiasm to finish the project.

Let me know how Village of Oester works for you, I helped out on that and I'm listed under "special thanks" in the credits.

Thanks
Robert Jeffries

Thats what happened to Ed? Tis a shame, I really love his Whitehorn stuff. It has a permanent home integrated into my Kingdom of Kayomar in Airhde. IF Ed has some more similar flavored stuff to create like these two modules I sure would love to see it.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Damn. Was wondering, since his last post was in august.

It'll be quite a while til we get to that mod, since this will game will meet irregularly, but I am loving reading the stuff.

Sir Edgar

First Post
Hi, I just happened to stumble upon this thread. It's really great to know that there are people who still remember my work! Thank you!!! Feels great to see this. And yes, I do remember each of you who have posted here. All really nice folks! Thanks for your support.

But I wanted to point out that the reason "World of Whitethorn 1C: The City of Calas" was not published is definitely NOT because of any other product. And it was never near completion. I may have mentioned that there were a lot of big city products coming out, but I don't think another specific product would keep me from publishing. The City of Calas was a major project (projected to be over 300 pages) and there was definitely interest from people, but Open World Press was folded after the demise of its publisher/distributor.

Last edited:

Remove ads