• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World's Largest Dungeon in actual play [Spoilers!]

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
How far did you get through the dungeon?

Oh, probably about 1/4 - 1/3 of the content before I started to get burned out by it. We played for a good 2 years or so (we played every other week). There were a couple of near-TPKs in that time. I think they fully explored only about 3 or 4 of the sections.

I eventually ended the campaign by throwing in a Deck of Many Things (knowing that to be a campaign wrecker). Someone drew the card that granted wishes, and I allowed it to teleport them to the final room. One of the frost giant guards still managed to kill a PC as they ran for the exit.

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
Question for those who have played through this, especially if it has been a few years.
What stands out in your memory as iconic moments / scenarios / encounters from WLD? And why?

The negatives: at higher levels it highlighted some flaws of 3.5 (over-powered spells, long high-level combats due to so much math and buffs)

The positive: each region could live and breathe (not region N...undead lol) if you were willing to put the extra effort in.

Remove ads