Worlds with Purpose...

Bendris Noulg

First Post
To introduce the topic, the world of my creation is actually a psychic-prison, designed to keep one of the most powerful entities of the Cosmos trapped within it. It works by way of Nexus-Conductors (i.e., Druidic Stone Circles and locations of similar qualities) that gather psychic energy and amplify the resonance into a "shield" that prevents the entity from awakening.

Now, "move the clock forward" a few thousand years, such as no one remembers that the shield exists, and the opportunities are seemingly endless (from quirk-effects due to minor malfunctions to Mind Flayer plots to take the shield down).

I was wondering how many other DMs out there have taken similar routes of "secret meaning" in regards to their world or setting?

Psion

Adventurer
I don't know if this is QUITE the same sort of thing, but my campaign world, unbeknownst to the players, is part of an 8-world matrix of worlds linked though 4 dimensions. The world was actually sort of a zoo created by unknown beings. One of the ancient race of benevolent wizards that have only ancient ruins to remind the people of there passage were actually sort of "zookeepers."

Remove ads