• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Worldwide D&D Game Day!

Kuld

Explorer
That's awful. If you both pay the rent, you both have the right to use the apartment and the obligation of common courtesy.

I would have told him to get in his room, watch his own TV and stop being a bum. If he had a problem with that` then he could go to his girlfriend’s house to get some R&R.

This guy sounds like a bum. I think you should have a good talk with him. Maybe find another roommate.

This is why I swore off roommates a while ago. Now I’m married with children…

You just can't win. :p

Zanderfax

First Post
World D&D Day with Monte Cook!

The great folks at The Source in Minneapolis hosted a wonderful day. Lots of player (lot more of the fairer sex than I expected) rotating through lots of adventures. They had a couple of special guests, Monte and Sue Cook!!

These fine folks spent time with everyone who wanted to talk and as this was the first time I met them, they are really great people. They gave an hour long talk on about the industry, how the creative process works and the new city/source book that Monte is working on, Ptolus. Sue was showing artwork on her laptop to all those interested.

At the end of the talk, they had a drawing for the chance to have a 4 hour adventure DM'ed by Monte. Six lucky folks got the honor, and I happened to be one of them! :D :D :D :D

He took us on an adventure based in Ptolus and centered on recovering a casket from a sunken ship. Two things stand out in my mind from our adventure, the first is: Who would have thought that you could label your potions????, the second, Ptolus has this very slippery moss that is the bane of Paladins everywhere (And Wizards and Rouges too!)

What is a Gaming Session with Monte like you ask? Well, if you have ever played a session when the rouge jumps in front of the shark and get's bit, runs away get's healed for 4 just to have the sharkman in the hold stab him for 5, or when one of the party members is trying to destroy the unholy evil device and rolls a 4 on his will save and then turns on the party, or played with miniatures and Chewbacca was one of them, or had the NPC hafling that has never adventured being excited to join the party, or having the Lawful Good Paladin lie to a little girl about her dog or played with a great DM that weaved a fun story to be involved with while eating pizza and animal crackers.... then you know what the session was like. If you have no idea what I am talking about, you need to play more D&D!!!

Being dissed by Monte Cook while playing D&D will be one of the highlights of my playing career!

Kudos to the great folks at The Source, thank you for a wonderful event. A sincere and heartfelt thanks to Monte and Sue for making the trip and spending the time with us.

Zanderfax

crazyjose

First Post
I got to the Garden Grove, CA store listed there around noon and was the only one there for the event. I played the fighter and was killed in six rounds in the first room. It was still awesome as I got all the freebies to myself and talked D&D with the DM afterwards. None of my friends play and the group I do play with is set for later this month. It all worked out in the end.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Yupe...I used a variant theme, turning the adventure into a*6th to 8th lvl* Drow PC party, seeking to kick out the 'adventures' and the other Drow, that runs the temple.

At the end, one PC dead, one blinded by a acid Cloud, a ranger nearly beaten the death by a Paladin. And a deadly fight between two female priests, one Drow of Lloth, and Pelor, which turned more nasty, when the the PC drow let loose a wand of Jagged Lighting, and almost killed his leader *the matron mother* and the female human priest.

Surviving, they both turn their attention to him, but the female human, beat the Drow priestess to the punch, with a powerful scroch sun blast...that vape..the poor Male Drow.

The scene...

Both are fighting each other, both are hit, and the Matron mother was not given no any warning.

They survived, hurted.

They both look at each other...

The Drow Priestess, "Shall we get him?"

The NPC female priestess of Pelor said, "Lets!"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That is one of the highlights of the game. And the rest of the party survived.
Sammael said:
The pre-generated PCs for Assault on the Fane of Lolth were horrible, so I'm not surprised there were so many character deaths.

Last edited:

shaylon

First Post
I had an op to play in a game DM'd by Monte at Origins this year and I thought it was a blast! We played AE (my first time) and I got to be the Litorian. I enjoyed the setting and the adventure, and he did an amazing job with it. If you ever have a chance to play a session with Monte I would suggest taking it!

For D&D Gameday we played in our home campaign. It was an all day event so we kind of did a snack potluck thing and got through 2 modules and into a 3rd. A great time was had by all until the deck of many things came out. Then a great time was had by two guys, a sigh of relief for another guy, and a look of horror for the 4th guy. It wasn't the worst thing that could happen but a couple were pretty bad. For my part (the sigh of relief) I had a bad but not character ending card come up. There is now an NPC that has a deep hatred for me, which probably was already the case anyway, so not too bad. My familiar, who is a character in his own right, got three wishes. He chose a perfect apple pie, the world's most comfortable pillow, and an amulet that grants him Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion once per day.

It was a fun time. I wish our group could do more weekend sessions but families and other commitments make that impossible.

Hope everyone had fun.
-Shay

smok

First Post
crazy_cat said:
Gencon UK is already suffering due to this "scheduling error" (and also admittedlly it's unfortunate choice of location as well this year , which is so "central" within the UK that its almost in France :) )

And Gencon UK didn't push this at all!
Richard

ghul

Explorer
I popped by my local FLGS in Londonderry, NH. At the Game Castle there were about six tables of gamers, each table about twelve feet long and hosting 1 DM + 6 to 8 players. There were old and young alike enjoying the game. It was a nice mix. I had my 3-year old with me, so I couldn't participate, but I'd say the day was a smashing success in this neck of the woods.

--Ghul

ghul

Explorer
Oryan77 said:
Great, no wonder I got screwed. ...<snip>... "he shouldn't have to". We've started playing in my apt now because my friend who usually hosts is going through a divorce & his soon to be Ex is still living in his house. ...<snip>... on business trips...he actually said, "You have to accomodate to my schedule". ...<snip>... got into a huge argument over it and I ended up just cancelling the game. And what does he end up doing? ...<snip>...

What a crappy Worldwide D&D Game Day....we even had a new guy that was going ...<snip>... :\

Personally, I'd pee in his Corn Flakes. Not a lot, but just a little squirt when he wasn't looking. But that's just me. ;)

--Ghul

Jib

First Post
I spent a few Moments at The Source in Falcon Hts MN talking with Monte and Sue Cook. Charming folks and very passionate about the game.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads