Worst case scenario: Could WotC "break" the whole industry?

baphomet68

First Post
Could WOTC break whole industry?

As the premier RPG company, I suppose that it is conceivable for WOTC to break the industry. Like, if it were somehow in their parent companies best interest to tank PNP RPGs. That said, Its really unlikely. Temporarily interrupting the availability of complete digital books is really irritating to me, but I suspect it has increased interest in the game.
While the new edition of D&D makes some bold changes to the game, and adds a number of concepts from other game lines, it is an honest, good faith offering. So I see no reason to beleive they would want to break the industry, although I beleive they could break it if they saw a benefit to it.:hmm:

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
They split the community, but other than that, whoever has bought enough of the old and good stuff has probably enough material for a lifetime of gaming. As for the industry? I don't think it is that much of an issue, the idustry has always been able to adapt.

And no, Big Bang Theory hasn't gone that much into RPG references and only mentioned character classes once if I remember correctly. But there was a German show using Shadowrun as game their geeks played.

Remove ads