• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Worst/Funniest Character Names of all time

lazarus1020

First Post
I had a group of characters playing an upstart thieve's guild and one player decided he was gonna be called "The Master" and never use his real name. Needless to say he failed to live up to his name and was dead in the streets long before the others.

I played with a guy named Gary, who we all called Bones, due to his love of dice. He played a cleric named Justin Case. He was fond of saying, " I'm the cleric Justin Case."

Oryan77

Adventurer
When the wizard known as Bud the Weiser heard a local noble was hiring a party, he misunderstood what the guy meant by "party". Next thing he knew he was miles deep in a cavern running from orcs & dodging traps. It wasn't what the thought he was signing up for.

Nifft said:
Last name Bates?

-- N
I knew a guy in the Air Force who's last name was Bates, I called him Master all the time. (I was in the Army BTW - so it was all the funnier when I said it.) I went to a multi service school and he was our class leader, so if he had to give an order or the ops of the day, when he would fiinish and ask if we understood, we would all answer "Yes, Master Bates!" - much to the amusement of our instructors.

Slife

First Post
Wee Jas.

Yeah, I know she isn't a character, but I honestly can't take a god of death with so silly a name seriously.

Last edited:

When I was about 10 we had a party that consisted of six characters named 'George'. No last names, just George - the DM got a little frustrated when he asked "What does George do now?" and we would all try to answer at once. Eventually we became George I, (the First), George II, etc.
Little did we know that George Forman was monitoring our game sessions for names for his children. :/

I once had a bard played with an Indian background (as in turbans and Ghandi) named "Hoonka-Hoonka Burnahn Lahv". The other member of the party offed him for some reason.

Jin_Kataki

First Post
boerngrim said:
Oh Gawd! I almost forgot my friend Lance's Minotaur fighter in our Spelljammer campaign, Marl O' Boro. Lance smoked Marlboros. Lance's quote " Marl kills things good."

How werid I too smoke Marlboros and my next Characters first name is Marl. Marl Erlanian Forsythe.

Remove ads