• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Worst miniature paint job evAr! Get it off the table!

Emirikol

Adventurer
Man in the Funny Hat said:
There's badly painted and BADLY painted. If your description is even generally accurate then use of such a mini, short of EXTREME need, amounts to Bad Form. When other players at the table are even volunteering to paint minis for your but you insist on using a miniature to which you've added tiny brass balls and painted with latex gloss house paint using a 1" brush instead of a #1 brush you deserve to be told to get your freakin' miniature off the table and forced to use the iron from the Monopoly game until you can pass muster.

Thank you.

The fact that he was able to come up with that kind of mini means that he actually does know what he's doing..he's just too dang lazy and immature to contribute to the game.

jh

Nikroecyst

First Post
Who are you kidding?

If you put out a barney doll to represent the major villian Red Dragon I would wet my self laughing for about 15 mins and then without even changing my pants proceed to kill it with my gnome beguiler.

The game is meant to be fun and funny, not a political system.

On the other hand I understand that the rules were made by all the players as well as the Dm, he simply needs to find a new group.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
sniffles said:
I think the joke mini is like using a joke name for a character. It indicates the player doesn't take the game seriously. If the game is intended to be light and humorous that's fine, but if everyone else is taking it seriously and has expectations that this is a serious game then that guy's behavior is out of line.
This would be my take as well.

Hopefully this is an aberration, in my game I would give him a warning that he needs to be a tad more mature. If he continued in such behavior I would give him the boot. (If my other players don't beat me to it.) Life is to short to spend on a waste of carbon.

I bring spare figures to the table, and will allow players to use them, with the understanding that in a few weeks/months they should get their own. Most players do not seem to have a problem with this, and a few have chosen figures, then created a character to suit.

The Auld Grump

Turjan

Explorer
I'd probably laugh out loud on seeing that miniature - I find it hilarious - but afterwards tell the player that he should use a different one, because I cannot really keep up a mood of danger in the presence of something like that. Hehe, thanks for sharing that masterpiece :D.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Garnfellow said:
I've read the original post three times, and I still can't quite feel like this is for real. A guy with the fricken Dude as an avatar is profoundly upset because someone brought a crappy monkey miniature with bb testicles and urine stains to his game?

Perhaps the player felt a mini like that tied the whole room together? ;)

IcyCool

First Post
BryonD said:
When the DM is doing a good job there is a lot less chance that there will be DM/player trouble to discuss on ENWorld.

Thank you for proving my point. Clearly, whenever there is DM/player trouble, it must be because of the DM and not the player. :\

green slime

First Post
IcyCool said:
Thank you for proving my point. Clearly, whenever there is DM/player trouble, it must be because of the DM and not the player. :\

Obviously. I think we should eliminate the problem altogether, by eradicating the planet of this blight. Freeedddoooommmmm!!!

Players Unite!
Whack a DM today!!

Its their fault you don't have +6 Blade of Epic Badness.

Its just like message boards. If there is a problem between a Moderator and a poster, it must be the fault of the moderator!

Posters Unite!!
Whack a mod today!

Its their fault you haven't seen enough flaming threads today!

Holy Bovine

First Post
Personally after I laughed myself silly I would have photographed it for posterity. Then asked him to please find a better representation of his character from one of the 5 boxes of PC figures i have (all D&D Minis, all pre painted). But no, I too would not have allowed the guy to use it for a mini in my game.

Would really like a picture of the original mini though.

Emirikol said:
if I stuck a Barney doll out there for the climax encounter red dragon to the campaign
... your players would finally understand dragon fear. :eek:

Actually, I usually fight passive agressive with passive agressive.

DM: Ok, when you wake up there's a yellow and pink gorilla in Tom's bedroll. (I chose Tom out of the blue)
P1: What's it doing?
DM: Seems to be sleeping.
Tom: Do I wake up?
DM: Sure. The gorilla rolls over and wakes up.
Tom: "Hi guys"
DM: The gorilla makes a bunch of ooks and aak noises.
Tom: What?
DM: Gorillas don't speak common, Tom.

No matter where this scene ends up, it's nothing that can't be explained by a dream sequence.

As to right and wrong, without a post by the gorilla painter, I lack an informed opinion.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads