WotBS WOTBS and EOM

phloog

First Post
Has anyone run a WOTBS campaign with the Elements of Magic system? Here, I mean War of the Burning Sky, and not Warren Oates' Teen Bible School.

I guess the question could be generalized - what do people who use EoM do with pre-written modules/campaigns?

I was thinking that the easiest thing to do would be to allow the PCs to use EoM spell lists and rules, and just use the spells/effects under the standard system for NPCs...will this work? I know you aren't really supposed to combine the two, but I'm reluctant to go through all twelve adventures and figure out spell lists, stats, and signature spells...it's the kind of clerical nightmare that would drive a fella to 4E and its handy-dandy one step spell pogs (you HAVE heard about these, right?).

Just looking for some advice...should I scrap EoM for WOTBS? Has anyone already converted the bulk of the NPCs?

Thanks,jT

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Before we started WotBS, we did discuss using EoM in it. The reason we didn't is because we didn't want to force people to have to buy another book in order to run the adventures.

EoM and core spellcasting can fit in a campaign side by side. There are some slightly different capabilities you would have to watch out for, specfically scry..

I haven't converted any of the NPCs, but have given the occasional NPC caster an EoM based spell/ability.

Spell Pogs for 4e? Cool! :cool:

phloog

First Post
Then I guess I'll stick with my plan -- the NPCs run things as typical, the PCs play with EoM magic - - I could see issues with Dispelling, but I'll play it by ear a bit.

Remove ads