• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E WotC desperately needs to learn from Paizo and Privateer Press

Pig Champion

First Post
Maybe this (no fluffers) DMs minds is so closed to new ideas and they have been running the same homebrew fluff for years or decades now that they don't want it because it's not what they use...

That's one way to put it. Another could be that they simply take inspiration from another source which isn't well represented in DnD.

I mean, all my homebrew fluff is from Asian culture both mythos and pop, so what use is a bunch of fluff where maybe 5-10% fits?

I don't really care for the topic but there are more ways to look at it than just what you're presenting.

Dice4Hire

First Post
I still need to see with my eyes a campaign from a DM who don't want fluff in the games to judge if he really doesn't need it because he has their own or just because he doesn't use fluff at all. Until that, for sure, I want more and more fluff..

There has got to be someone who is anti-fluff running a game here on Enworld in the gaming forum. Look over there.

Weeping is optional.

Dice4Hire

First Post
Regarding the whole fluff vs non-fluff thing, it is really not worth arguing over. Especially when someone says their way is the only one that "makes sense" and it is necessary for other people to "prove" their way of doing it is workable.

Is this the new edition war?

Seriously, I think this thread has run its course.

Remove ads