• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Forum Closure Delayed?

The original announcement for the closure of WotC's forums was that they would close today, October 29th, at 10pm PT (5am Oct 30th GMT). As of today, a short sentence appeared on the Magic: The Gathering forums that "The closing date for the Community Forums will now be November 5 at 10AM PT." Whether that applies to the D&D forums remains to be seen (I guess we'll find out very shortly). November 5th is, of course, a day where folks celebrate things burning! So either the D&D forums will close in five hours, or they won't...

The original announcement for the closure of WotC's forums was that they would close today, October 29th, at 10pm PT (5am Oct 30th GMT). As of today, a short sentence appeared on the Magic: The Gathering forums that "The closing date for the Community Forums will now be November 5 at 10AM PT." Whether that applies to the D&D forums remains to be seen (I guess we'll find out very shortly). November 5th is, of course, a day where folks celebrate things burning! So either the D&D forums will close in five hours, or they won't...

1024px-Windsor_castle_guyfawkesnight1776.jpg

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Hey there Mistwell!

I went ahead and used the Tool to bring over the threads that you indicated. I tried to port over A Collection of Useful Spell Lists, but that thread was REALLY big, and it caused a gateway timeout when I tried to post. But asides from that, that should be all the ones you listed.

Thank you so much Clockwerk. If the forum is still open next week I will try and grab that last thread.

Clockwerk66

First Post
Thank you so much Clockwerk. If the forum is still open next week I will try and grab that last thread.

No need actually. If you look at the lifeboat thread now, I've figured out how to do it. I successfully ported the thread by cutting it up into multiple posts, so there you have it. :D

Well the time in nigh for my photo collection for my old account.
727a3cd54762be7328f9dc79e56a01c1.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow connected the forums to something they didn't intend to shut down. And just realized that it would be a problem.

They are connected to both D&DI and the customer service forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Today is November 5th - in theory today is shutdown day. 10AM PST... so that's 6PM GMT, if my calculations are correct. About 5 hours from now.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
They really seem to have problems with digital media, even with the success of D&D Classics PDFs...

I won't complain, I missed two threads I wanted to save yesterday, and I got in late due to a training class. But I was able to save them, so that was lucky.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads