• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC forums broken?

shadzar

Banned
Banned
I'm not sure who is responsible for the forum upkeep now, if it's internal like it was a long while back when I knew folks doing it or external, since the forum software post Gleemax was purchased from an outside company a few years ago.

Seems to be some company in Oklahoma that runs the forums, if that helps.

Yeah their forums server at least seems to have had particular issues for about a week. The workaround seems to be to just go the main wizards website first and then any direct links to the forums should work. Wizards has NEVER been quick to fix their internet issues so don't expect it to change soon, nor for their to be any easy to find public statement of what the problem is or when it can be expected to be fixed.

Llwynog

First Post
So are they working for anyone right now? I'm just getting a massive amount of what looks like badly broken code popping up whenever I try to connect to a number of the WotC forum subforums. It has been that way for around 12 hours now.

Error copied below the spoiler block.

[sblock]Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

[/sblock]
I get the same error in Opera 11 and IE 8 and my wife has the same problem in both of those and Safari 4.

I seem to have the same problem when connecting directly to their forums (firefox 3.6.13). It seems there is a connection or redirect problem between the actual forum server, and the account server.

A work-around that works for me is going to Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page first, and then navigating to the forums using the links there. Apparently, going via the main site gets one's credentials sorted in a different way that does work.
Thanks for the tip. That got me in.

Remove ads