WotC forums down for a week or two?

Barcode

First Post
Wizards Community website is down for a platform migration.
Wizards of the Coast is pleased to announce that we're upgrading to a new community platform. We are in the process of migrating our forums to a system that includes a host of new features like friends lists, groups, an invite system and calendar, blogs and wiki.

The forums will be down until at least August 26, and possibly through the end of the month. We apologize for the inconvenience.

In the meantime we would like to invite you to continue the conversation on:

Facebook - D&D
Facebook - Magic

Twitter - Magic
Twitter - Magic Pro Tour

Or, if you prefer, we invite you to celebrate Analog Appreciation Week. Check your calendar, order a pizza, and play games with your friends!
We'll see you in the new community.

Barcode

First Post
On an, I hope, unrelated note, I can't sign in to DDI.

D&D Insider Login Alert!

Wizards login service is temporarily unavailable.

Please try again soon.

-----------------------------

Stay up, ENWorld, stay up!

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
D&D Insider Login is fine now and should be unaffected during the forum downtime.

I hope Russ enjoys a traffic spike. Russ seize the moment to grab some more community supporters.

I look forward to everyone seeing our new system, it is pretty neat.

D&D Insider Login is fine now and should be unaffected during the forum downtime.

I hope Russ enjoys a traffic spike. Russ seize the moment to grab some more community supporters.

You all really need to re-evaluate the technical competence of your web staff if you need to be down for a week or two to perform an upgrade. I design the backend of enterprise web applications for a living, and if I proposed 1-2 weeks of downtime everytime our software was upgraded, I'd be out of a job in a flash. At the least, is there not a staging environment to which your new website software can be installed and tested against while you leave your current website up and running? This is standard practice in the industry.

Belorin

Explorer

Neat as in wow you won't believe what the new system does or wow, welcome to Gleemax: TNG?

I've been fooled before...

Bel

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
This is standard practice in the industry.

If you know that, then you would also know that discussing your internal procedures and choices with random people outside the company is not SOP.

So, really, you should know you're not going to get an answer. There is probably a good business reason, amounting to, "Having the boards down is a pain, but for some particular reason(s), keeping them up is expensive."

Remove ads