WotC WotC is hiring Senior Manager for Diversity, equity and inclusion.

Bolares

Hero
According to the link bellow WotC appears to be taking the first steps to make good on the promises they made in the last month, by offering a position in their management team focused in improving their internal policies.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
They should hire Orion Black.

I mean burnt bridges aside. A designer probably doesn't have that same skill set or experience as someone whose career it has been to implement policy. And while it would be an olive branch perhaps, probably better to hire someone without any direct past biases. Either their own, or ones placed upon them by others.

Last edited:

ZeshinX

Adventurer
He seems motivated to create real change instead of merely protecting the company from PR debacles and lawsuits.

Orion has shown a rather significant lack of professionalism once freed of any contract stipulations. A "Devil may care" attitude and approach may serve a designer very well, but it holds a very high potential for disaster in a leader (and I think at this point WotC has a vested interest in minimizing and eliminating any further PR mud on their face).

Which
Orion has shown a rather significant lack of professionalism once freed of any contract stipulations. A "Devil may care" attitude and approach may serve a designer very well, but it holds a very high potential for disaster in a leader (and I think at this point WotC has a vested interest in minimizing and eliminating any further PR mud on their face).

Which is why this vacancy seems like BS. It seems initiated by a desire to save face as opposed to actually being better.

Oofta

Legend
Which

Which is why this vacancy seems like BS. It seems initiated by a desire to save face as opposed to actually being better.

So WOTC should hire a game designer with zero management experience, burned bridges and went out of their way to paint their former employee in a bad light and has virtually zero qualifications listed in the job posting?

Wanting someone who actually knows what they're doing and has a proven record means they're just saving face?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm far from their biggest fan, but even I stop short of ascribing sinister Machievellian motives to their every move, and proclaiming that not hiring a game designer to do a human resource manager's job is in some way evidence of this.

Remove ads