Wotc Is Sponsoring A Football Team

Magic: the Gathering logos will be on Leyton Orient FC's training wear.

The sponsorship is for the 2021/022 season.

Leyton Orient FC is an East London football club dating back to 1881. It competes in the EFL League Two, which is the fourth division in English football.

2560px-Leyton_Orient_F.C._logo.svg.png

Last edited:

turnip_farmer

Adventurer
If they're looking for opportunites to expand into more high profile clubs, the badges of Premiership teams are filled with denizens of the Monster Manual. There are devils,
270px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

dire wolves,
300px-Wolverhampton_Wanderers.svg.png

and rocs.
255px-Crystal_Palace_FC_logo.svg.png

Chelsea's badge purports to show a lion, but from the fact that it's breathing fire we can safely conclude it's a chimaera caught at a very unusual angle.
270px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png

No one knows what the hell a Liver bird is meant to be, but it's CR 9 at a minimum. And it can attack with those flames as a lair action.
270px-Liverpool_FC.svg.png

Ian Danton

Explorer
Speaking personally I love that this has happened. Leyton Orient are one of the few teams I have seen play in their stadium - I lived round the corner while I was a student. Since then I have followed their progress (or lack of it). As @John Dallman says there is a high recognition factor for their name, so who knows, maybe something great awaits their future prospects together. :)

aramis erak

Legend
College Football rivals any football (Soccer) crowd that you will see in the UK...and Pro Football...that can be something else.
You don't see riots at American Football - at any level - like you do European Soccer. Sure, the deep south basically treats Gridiron like a second religion, but they don't violate the field because their team is losing or has taken a single bad call by a ref...
American Football fans are pious; Soccer fans go all the way to jihadi.

nedjer

Adventurer
A look at the history helps, Leyton of the Orient left Portsmouth on a blustery night in 779. Two storms and one drunk mermaid later Leyton found himself on a beach in Rangoon with only a football to help him navigate. His return journey, following the football wherever he kicked it next, lasted until 799 when he arrived back just in time for Charlemagne's massive party.

A look at the history helps, Leyton of the Orient left Portsmouth on a blustery night in 779. Two storms and one drunk mermaid later Leyton found himself on a beach in Rangoon with only a football to help him navigate. His return journey, following the football wherever he kicked it next, lasted until 799 when he arrived back just in time for Charlemagne's massive party.
The Leytoniad is truly one of the underappreciated epics.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases